Author Topic: CONVENTIONS  (Read 88507 times)

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
Re: CONVENTIONS
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2011, 02:22:02 AM »
Early Bird registration is good through Saturday (01/15/11).  I will talk to Eric again tonight about this. 

I pulled up the base game's rules yesterday and started a bit of a review/edit.  I hope to look at getting back into this game some and maybe come up with some new ideas for some old areas of concern.

Ken- Aaron Ingle was suppose to be looking over the rules and asking me some questions because he was going to play over the holidays.  What happen?  Did you guys play?

brain damaged

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2011, 06:33:39 AM »
I am going to make an effort to go to Origins this year.

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2011, 09:37:24 AM »
we had a game on new years eve, however Aaron was not able to attend. We started in 41 and the game was close; however i think the axis would have held enough victory points to win.

thanks
kenb

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2011, 01:04:07 AM »
Ken- What are your plans for Origins?

I will be there helping out my buddy Greg with the A&A tourneys and will have time to talk/play some Struggle if you like.  Let me know so I can plan accordingly.

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2011, 03:21:54 AM »
I plan on being there helping out Reaper Miniatures, let me know when y'all want to set up a game and I will try to schedule the games so i can play struggle.

Craig, who is bringing Struggle?

thanks
kenb

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2011, 04:19:47 AM »
I plan on being there helping out Reaper Miniatures, let me know when y'all want to set up a game and I will try to schedule the games so i can play struggle.

Craig, who is bringing Struggle?

thanks
kenb

Well, I wasn't planning on bringing it, but I can if you want to play.

Just let me know.  There will most likely be space around the A&A area that I will be helping out in and we should be able to set up there.  That way I can still be available for the answering of questions, etc. .

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2011, 03:25:36 AM »
Craig

It looks like Thursday would be the best day for me to play struggle, if you are still interested.
Do you think we will have enough players on Thursday?   
I will bring struggle if we decide to play on Thursday. We will probly have to start in 41 to finish the game.

If you think we have the table space and can do the game on Thursday, we can post a sign up sheet here for the remaing 4 players.

thoughts comments?
kenb

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2011, 05:22:35 AM »
I was thinking that I could get the Boston boys to send me another copy of the map in a tube and I would bring my parts, but you could bring yours too. 

I will be coming by car.  I assume that you are flying.  I just thought that it would be easier for me to bring the game.

As for the actual day, Thursday is fine by me.  I am pretty fluid on what I have planned for the convention and I will just be hanging out in the A&A area being an assistant GM for all the tourneys.

While I understand that you are thinking that we need 6 players, but we normally get by with four.  If we have people who want to get in, then great.  But I see this more as a casual meeting of us two, maybe Eric, and whoever else wants to try it.  It is as much about having a good talk about the game and sharing ideas as it is about a competitive game. 

And yes, we should go with a '41 start if it is a one-day game.  Right now we have just started a '41 game here, but we have an adjusted '41 set up that Eric came up with.  If you would like to look it over, then email me at craigyope (at) comcast.net and I will send the info along.

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2011, 03:23:06 AM »
I will be driving to origins also, so bringing struggle is not a problem. 

If Eric is planning on playing we officially could have 3 more players.

So here it is  ;D - we need up to 3 players at Origins to play Struggle for Europe and Asia, we are planning a start time of 9am Thursday.

See y'all there

Ken

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2011, 03:36:43 AM »
Okay, you bring the game. ;D

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2011, 09:16:10 AM »
i have thursday off  ------   so its a go  ;D

need 3 players for thursday at origins

kenb

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2011, 12:43:55 AM »
Right now it looks like just us three.

Maybe we can pick up someone to get us to four.  I don't think that six players will be realistic. 

Maybe if we were playing on Saturday that would work, but since we are going with Thursday, we will just have to live with what we got.

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2011, 03:34:41 AM »
Hopefully, after we have it all set up, we can intice some players

ken

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2011, 03:11:51 AM »
On a new Convention topic --  A-Kon -Dallas 2011  -- I will be running Struggle (41 start) on Saturday June 11, from 9am till midnight.

ken

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2011, 04:23:52 AM »
Ken, Eric, and I played a '41 game with Eric's set up.

Eric was all the Axis.  I was USSR and China.  Ken was UK and US.

I was on the run the whole game on the Eastern Front.  Ken was chasing about the Atlantic in the vain hope of quelling the sub menace and that allowed the Italians a lot of leeway in pushing on Cairo. 

The Japanese were constantly pestered by my pesky Chinese, but the IJN pushed the US Pacific Fleet back to West Coast and trapped them there.

By late '42, the Axis had their magical 42 VPs and we called it a game.  Painful to get run over like that. 

Might need to tweak a few things there, especially on the Eastern Front.  Hell, when even I can run around on Dan on the Eastern Front (our last '41 game), then maybe it needs a little work.  Ken bought up the fact that we weren't factoring in the 10 infantry conscripts from the optional Soviet entry card.  That might help.   
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 06:52:15 AM by Yoper »