Author Topic: Naval Rules  (Read 5344 times)

vonSchliefen

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Naval Rules
« on: June 29, 2005, 12:57:41 PM »
Do US subs crossing the "blue line" in the Pacific trigger Japanese Kamikazes or just surface combat ships (destroyers, cruisers, battleships and carriers)?

cheers

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Naval Rules
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 01:21:29 PM »
Hi Schliefen,
Submarines (and planes) do not trigger Japanese Kamikazies - only allied surface combat vessels. Once they cross the blue line in the Pacific, the Japanese can begin building Kamikazies.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 02:38:48 AM by Mark »

Raybshot

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 07:07:21 PM »
When does the us get nukes?  :o  hehehe

Uncle Joe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 06:00:56 AM »
If an enemy navy moves into a sea zone that only contains my sub, does it trigger combat?  Or can the enemy navy move right on through?  Also, can enemy ships strategically move through sea zones containing my subs?

Same thing goes for transports.  Can an enemy navy move into or through a sea zone that only contains my tansports without triggering a naval battle?  Even if I have air units adjacent to the transport?
 ???

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 01:27:54 PM »
Hello Uncle,
     Subs and transports (and merchant raiders) units do not block movement at all. They do not automatically trigger a battle. You would have to attack them to trigger the battle. So, if you were to conduct an amphibious invasion and the sea zone that you are entering only has subs or transports, you could ignore them as if they were not there and conduct shore bombardment with your surface ships. Adjacent planes could react to that sea zone only if you chose to attack the subs or transports (and merchant raider) with some or all of your fleet.
Does that help?  :)

John