Author Topic: Detroit/southeast Michigan area (w / Pics)  (Read 63053 times)

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Detroit/southeast Michigan area (w / Pics)
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2006, 04:11:03 AM »
Allied Winter '41/'42

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2006, 04:24:56 AM »
We got this far and decide that this game was over.

The next turn the victory conditions would have kicked in and the Axis were down to 22 VPs.

I (as the Japanese) could have tried to take 5 VPs with the European Axis taking 1 VP, but that was very iffy. 

Even with that the US/UK were poised to take more VPs in the Pacific and so the game was lost.

We started a new game and I am putting that in a new thread.

Craig   

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2006, 01:58:20 AM »
Wow - well it looked like the Axis had a big hole to dig themselves out of from 1940 - Having the Russians at the border of Poland and the Americans already deep into Japanese waters in the Winter of 1941 is pretty scary.

Your new game looks like it is off to a good start!  Everyone has a few games under their belts now and must have the flavor of the game down now - not just the rules.

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2006, 05:55:41 AM »
We shall see.

The German player and I (Italy) are off to a good start, but the German player hasn't had the Japanese player as a teammate yet. 

After discussing our strategy at the start, the German player finished his turn and then looked at what had been done by the Japanese player and was very perplexed.

They had a long talk about changing things around to match what we had just talked about.

Hopefully we can make a big dent in the European theater to buffer what goes on in the Pacific later.

The really good player is the USA/UK player.  It will make for a very interesting Pacific theater.

Craig