Author Topic: Game starts 1940?  (Read 4678 times)

kriegspieler7

• Major
    • View Profile
Game starts 1940?
« on: July 04, 2018, 06:35:40 AM »
Hi!  A quick question:  Did you guys ever think to put together a  June 1940 start date for your games?  If you did, how would it go?  If you didn't, how would it get set up?  -Just take out Poland and the Scandinavian countries and add builds and production points for a turn, eliminating any kind of builds/production for one turn to represent losses?  Just wondering your thoughts.  Do the 2nd Edition games have that scenario?  Just wondering.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Game starts 1940?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 01:24:09 AM »
We have not made a 1940 start scenario - just the 1939 start and a Spring 1941 start scenario.  I don't think we will put together a 1940 start as the first couple turns go pretty quick anyway, so it would not really save much time and most folks like to plan their own first couple turns of strategy.  Have been thinking about a Spring 1943 start for players that want to focus on playing the late game - that would be pre-Kursk and pre-Sicily and would be an interesting later war starting point.

kriegspieler7

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Game starts 1940?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 09:23:33 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I just thought it'd be interesting doing a "sitzkrieg" start up where it's just Germany vs. UK, France, and countries in exile. 
Have any ideas how I might go about setting one up?