Author Topic: Revisiting the game after a longer break  (Read 6785 times)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
Revisiting the game after a longer break
« on: October 08, 2017, 10:45:54 AM »
Greetings to community  8)

Finally i have the time to join the game again.

I sadly had no free time to overview all the changes. (George sent me some new Naval rules a while ago)

Before i reread everything does anyone can share a overview to the small and big changes, the game Received after the uploaded 2015 rulebook ?

Cheers

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Revisiting the game after a longer break
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 05:18:48 PM »
Welcome back Darkman. Biggest changes are definitely the naval rules, naval battles. Pay close attention on how many spaces naval units can move in different movement phases, as they are one prop(slow) ans 2 pros (fast) naval units.Also the order of play has changed dramatically, with raids being done after all the chit draws have been drawn. Minor ones are, a few map changes, a few new leaders, transports planes can only carry paras or mnt troops but not regular inf, John st at the top of my head.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 05:26:54 PM by georgemak1 »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 02:33:25 AM »
Hi Darkman,

There is no more hierarchy of naval fire - everything on the front line can fire simultaneously and you can pick targets.
Ships have armor ratings of 0-2 - which modifies (adds) to the die roll. Ships have either a white shield (1 hit) otr a black shield (2 hits). Ships hit in port can be "in the mud" essentially able to take an extra hot - but requiring a longer repairs time. The naval chart is updated and distinguishes between white and black shield hits.

Naval commanders that have not moved can attempt to react to ships passing within 2 sea zone of them.

New rules book will be updated soon. Naval is a more fun and dynamic!

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 07:26:34 AM »
Hey, Darkman -

We have been playtesting some new naval rules that the guys are talking about above for about a year.  They are not written into the main rules yet as we are still messing with them a bit. . . but overall I think it makes the naval aspects of the game much better.  We are going to play another full game here at the end of the month (Nov 4-7).  If all goes well, I'll update the rules with the new naval rules and make sure you have the new counter sheets.

Mark

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 07:45:00 AM »
 Very cool guys   8) Looking forward to give it a try.

By the way i like the changes to the Transport Planes but how about giving Transport Planes also a Supply over Air Option to maintain a Unit‘s supply?

I also seen you removed the supply Tankers? What was the Reason?

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 01:57:38 PM »
We looked at the Air supply - it was done on too small of a scale to reflect this within the game. We found naval supply tankers to be problematic to the game in terms of Playability and "feel".

It is a much better game without them...