Author Topic: Doolittle Raid  (Read 5651 times)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
Doolittle Raid
« on: November 07, 2015, 10:15:18 AM »
Hey guys,

how about allowing B25 Bombers land on fleet carriers like in Doolittle Raid.. 1 B25 Unit takes up 2 Spaces. 

Range is reduced by 1 like other planes.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Doolittle Raid
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 07:22:29 AM »
That's a fun concept. Can it break the game I wonder?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 01:51:56 AM »
I think this could be a fun house rule.  I don't see how it would break the game in any way. 

I think it is too much of a small scale operation though for a game that is more strategic in scope and not sure it needs to be included in the standard rules, but for an optional or house rule, why not?

I would say that on the 'land planes' phase, that bombers should not be allowed to land on the carriers - they can only be placed on the carriers on the non-combat movement phase.

Mark

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 03:36:04 AM »
Yeah that would make it realistic so they have To Land in China for example but then maybe without movement Points reduction. To make a Tokyo raid possible.

Thanks For the Input !

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 08:00:30 AM »
Would need to start the US with that medium bomber unit I was considering.  Perhaps instead of the heavy bomber? 

I'm not sure how it would work game mechanics wise. . .On the Winter NCM phase after Pearl Harbor, a replenishment ship with the carrier and a medium bomber wold need to be moved somewhere near Midway.  If all of the Japanese carriers and planes were out of range of Japan, it could maybe be pulled off.

Mark

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 08:43:13 AM »
Yes thought the same about that medium bomber in your setup :-) I feels somehow like you had this "Event" already in consideration at one time

It would exactly work like you describe. U.S  could move a the fleet carrier to midway or some other Islands above in th NCM Phase.
I think they actually don't need a replenishment ship ?

As the lslands above have 5 supply Points?   But to restrict it and make it a "rare" Option you could say.. you need a replenishment ship for this option with an cost of X supply points

Would give the U.S some sort of revenge option or moral boost for the upcoming bloody war. On the other side it would maybe split up the japanese fleets some more to secure japan
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 08:45:37 AM by Darkman »