Author Topic: Surround Paris  (Read 8006 times)

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Surround Paris
« on: June 08, 2005, 02:43:45 PM »
I think that is the way to go. Conserve units for the BIG FIGHT (Russia)!

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Surround Paris
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 02:49:37 PM »
I think you have to knock the French out quick - like Spring of 1940.  Then you have more options in the Med, Balkans, Spain, whatever before you have to commit to the war in Russia.  The only 'free time' the Germans have is in between the Fall of France and Barbarossa - make the most of it. . . imho.

Raybshot

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 05:33:12 AM »
Its kind of a trade off, by going hard into France fast it prevents UK from supporting them to much as well as you get all the money from France early (without hoping for the roll).  On the other hand, if you wait for the roll then you will save troops (in theory) but say if you can save 2 turns and would have earned say 15 more from France each can you push into France and do it for less then 30 production points (pps)?  I'd say if you don't push hard into France the risk also is that UK could support it real well and its possible with unlucky rolls they could hold it.

RandR

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 03:48:37 PM »
Wouldn't it be great to see France survive until the Spring of 41?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 03:07:30 AM »
I played in a game last year where the French (and the BEF) actually defeated the German invasion of France and invaded Germany by Spring of 41 - needless to say we called the game by noon.

If I recall correctly, the Germans spent most of their income on factories and subs and when their army underperformed - there were no units to take their place.  Britain and France actually outproduce Germany 3:2 - so if the Germans don't concentrate on getting France out of the game - it can be a disaster.