Author Topic: Changing the "fly-over" AA rules?  (Read 5858 times)

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Changing the "fly-over" AA rules?
« on: September 17, 2015, 07:48:18 AM »
So - this is what I have done. . .would like to test this out.  I am not including any intrinsic AA just yet, just removing the fly-over AA.

8.4 Flying over enemy AA guns and naval units
Anti-aircraft guns and 88’s do not fire at enemy aircraft that fly over their territory on the movement phase.  AA guns and 88s are only eligible to fire at air units that are either supporting a ground combat in the territory they occupy (as well as at transport planes attempting to drop paratroopers in the territory they occupy), defending against an airbase attack, or defending against planes conducting strategic attacks in the territory they occupy. Naval units also do not get an anti-aircraft shot at planes that are flying over the sea zone that they occupy. Naval units only get to fire AA at planes that are attacking their fleet or are conducting strategic attacks against convoy zones in the same sea zone the naval units occupy.

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the "fly-over" AA rules?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 07:53:16 AM »
Sounds good to me, lets play it this way see how things will work out

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 08:28:59 PM »
Huge blow to the axis ;-) but i like removing this rule . Intrinsic AA might be a good solution if bombing gets too massive

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 03:36:05 AM »
Or changing the AA table values, maybe an extra R on each, will make up for the loss of the extra dice rolls.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 08:49:03 AM »
I don't know - I think AA is pretty devastating as it is.  I am willing to defend the Reich in the game we are playing in October to see how it goes!

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 09:29:59 AM »
I understand, I was saying that cause by placing most of AA units in select territories, will take a possible front line unit from another one.