Author Topic: WWII Struggle for Europe: An opportunity to personalize your own board game.  (Read 39370 times)

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: WWII Struggle for Europe: An opportunity to personalize your own board game.
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2015, 08:47:55 AM »
Italian Naval Units: There are 7 Italian Naval Units in this game.

1)Naval Transports: I use the Transport Ship - Italy (FMG Combat Units).

2) Landing Craft: I use the generic sculpt 1/700 from a website that I don't remember at this moment.

3)Submarines: Submarine - Italy (FMG Combat Units).

4)Destroyers: Soldati Class Destroyer - Italy (FMG Combat Units).

5)Cruisers: Zara Class Cruiser - Italy (FMG Combat Units).

6)Battleships: Littorio Class Battleship - Italy (FMG Combat Units).

7)Aircraft Carriers: Aquila Class Carrier - Italy (FMG Combat Units).

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: WWII Struggle for Europe: An opportunity to personalize your own board game.
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2015, 12:19:23 PM »
Nice George! This reminds me of Mark. One day we show up to game and everything is painted. He murmured something about a long New England winter... 8)

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2015, 12:33:39 PM »
I've been painting minis long before I bought this game, it's kinda a hobby for me. But with this game I can utilize all of my pieces.

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2015, 06:42:28 PM »
There are 2 last Italian units in this game.

1) Factories: I use the ones that came with the A&A games.

2)Airbases: I use the counters from the game files.

Next up is France.

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2015, 07:55:54 AM »
French Inf. Units: There are 4 different Infantry units in the game.

1) Reg. Infantry: I use minis fro the Memoir 44 game, and the WWII French Inf set from Caesar.

2) Paratroopers: I use the mini from HBG "Battle Pieces" - United States Supplement Set - Airborne Infantry, you only need a couple

3) Mnt troops: I use the german mnt troop sculpt with its base painted blue to distinguish them in the game.

4) Fortifications: I use the generic piece from HBG Victory City Marker (Large) - Token.

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2015, 08:03:27 AM »
In this section I will review(show) the following French Units:

1) Light Armor: I use the S-35 from GHQ.

2)Artillery: I use the HBG "Battle Pieces" - WW2 Neutrals Basic Set - 75-7 Veld Artillery.

3)AA Guns: The generic piece that came with the A&A games.

4)Heavy Artillery: I use the WW1 French mle 1912 Railroad Gun (3d Printed) from HBG.

5)Airbases: Print the counters from the game files.

6) Factory: I use the Factory piece that comes with the A&A games

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2015, 02:19:23 PM »
I'm a big fan of rail gun/heavy arty! :)

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2015, 08:09:24 PM »
If you go to HBG website, they have them for sale under the 3D model section. They look awesome, they also sale German rail guns, I'll send you a pic of them

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
This is the Rail Heavy Gun THOR - Karl Gerat Mortar Set (3d Printed) from HBG.

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Lets continue with the US infantry Units. There 4 different ones. ( There is a US expansion set coming up withing the next 2 months from HBG so Im planning on replacing a lot of my US units, till then Im using the existing ones.

1)Reg, Infantry: I use the sculpt from Italeri Set 6120 or Caesar Set H054.

2)Paratroopers: I use the ones from HBG "Battle Pieces" - United States Supplement Set - Airborne Infantry.

3)Mnt Infantry: I use the ones from Revell Set 02503.

4)Fortifications: I use the generic unit from above. Im going soon to replace all my fortification pieces with the ones from "Fortifications (3d Printed)" from HBG. A little pricey but they look great.

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
US Mechanized Units: There are 5 different ones.

1)Mech. Infantry: I use the metal piece  M3/M3A1 Halftrack from GHQ.

2)Early War Armor: I use the HBG "Battle Pieces" - United States Supplement Set - Stuart Light Tank from HBG.

3)Medium Armor: I use the sherman tank that came with the A&A games, soon to be replaced when the new US set comes from HBG>

4)Heavy Armor: I use the one  HBG "Battle Pieces" - United States Supplement Set - Hellcat Tank Destroyer, soon to be replaced

5)DD Tanks: I use the  LVT(A)-1 Amphibs from HBG "Battle Pieces" - WW2 U.S. Marines Set

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
US Artillery Units: There are 5 different ones.

1)Artillery: I use the one that came from the A&A games.

2)Mech. Artillery: I use the HBG "Battle Pieces" - United States Supplement Set  - Priest Self-Propelled Artillery.

3)AA Guns: I use the generic from  the A&A games.

4) Anti-tank guns: I improvised here and used  the 152mm Howtizer Artillery - Russia (Europe 1940-2nd Ed).

5)Heavy Artillery: Improvised again and use the 90mm M1 AA Gun - United States (E40 2nd Ed).

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Nice set George! Nice variety of units!

Climber Rat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Awesome post George!  Thanks for taking the time to post all these photos.  This is really going to help me with my miniatures.

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Haven't forgotten about this topic guys, after struggle con I've been busy gluing my minis in the counters, making new air stands, and buying and painting new units, pics to follow soon.