Author Topic: Aircraft Carriers & Airbase attacks  (Read 4217 times)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
Aircraft Carriers & Airbase attacks
« on: August 25, 2015, 01:41:44 AM »
Hello again  8)

Q:  the rulebook gives an hint about airbase attacks on carriers ..

1) How do airbase attacks on aircraft carriers work exactly ? How are they triggered ?

for my thinking i would say they shouldn'  exist at all  .. It makes more sense that you attack the carriers in naval battles in 4 round battles.. Than having a situation where you can do 1 round battles to bomb planes on carriers and the carriers gets no damage. ?!?

2). John stated me a while ago that you can't do airbase attacks on planes that got alreadY activated from on friendly territory to another ( they stay in air) but in the newest version of the rulebook there is an transport plane example where planes are always considerd on *ground* when moving from friendly to a friendly territory and so eligable for airbase attacks ( makes more sense i would say) is this the new official way to play ? :-)

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Aircraft Carriers & Airbase attacks
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 03:27:17 AM »
Agree that planes can not be bombed on the deck of a carrier.  The similarity to airbase attacks is that enemy fighters can attack and pin other air units - preventing them from moving and forcing them into combat.

i.e. if a force of 2 fighters and 2 bombers attacks an enemy carrier force of 2 fighters and 2 bombers, the 2 carrier fighters would be pinned by the attacking fighters, but the 2 bombers could still move (and perhaps go and attack the carrier that launched the attack).

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Aircraft Carriers & Airbase attacks
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 07:42:51 AM »
So in naval battles were carriers are present there exist some sort of auto pinning . Ok cool