Author Topic: Paratroopers assaults  (Read 5422 times)

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Paratroopers assaults
« on: July 29, 2015, 11:41:55 AM »
Can you use paratroopers in the mech phase, if you didn't use them of course in the combat phase? Can't find anything in the files that prohibit this.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Paratroopers assaults
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 12:01:26 PM »
No - Hopefully that is specifically stated somewhere - if not, it will be ASAP. We had done away with that many moons ago.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 12:47:37 AM »
Yes - this is called out in a couple places in the rules. . .

8.3 Transport planes
Transport planes may carry one infantry or one paratrooper up to the 3 spaces as well as any number of leaders.  They may either land and drop off their cargo in a friendly space or stay ‘in the air’ with their cargo after moving up to 3 spaces. Only paratroopers may be carried to enemy owned territories and dropped into combat. Paratroopers dropping into enemy territory must begin the turn in the same territory as the transport plane. Transport planes may only move during the regular movement phase.  They may not move or react during the mechanized movement phase.

18.0.5 Transport planes and heavy bombers may not move during the mechanized movement phase. Naval units do not move during mechanized movement.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 02:13:09 AM »
We used to have some really crazy things happen before implementing that rule balance. :o

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 03:35:41 AM »
Thx guys, I was looking in the mech phase paragraph.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 06:13:53 AM »
Thanks, George -

Section 18 is the mech phase rules.  I think I even underlined it under 18.0.5 - but I will try to make it more explicit about paratroopers.
Mark