Author Topic: Pros and con of Italy declaring war to the Allies earlier than historical  (Read 4930 times)

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I myself can only see pros on a situation like that, a) 10 extra pps per turn,b) one extra headache for the allies (North Africa) besides  France, Atlantic, and Norway, Can anybody tell me whats the cons, cause I cant think of any ?

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Mostly pro the way I see it. Maybe there is a way for the Brits to mech through North Africa - it is easy for them to control the Med. I've seen the French invade Northern Italy but then capitulate.

If the French build a landing craft or the Brits bring one in range of the entire Italian coast - that may prove problematic.

How about bringing tanks to the French North African colonies and create a pincer action on both sides of Italian North Africa... good luck with an Axis reinvasion of North Africa - that should prove costly. If they don't - Rommel never enters the game...

Seems like there is always a balance - sometimes we just have to think about it

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
If the Italians declare war early, I would throw the French fleet against them relentlessly - regardless of losses.  I think the French fleet (and possibly airpower) against the Italian fleet is the greatest deterrent.

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Thx guys that makes a lot of sense, as an Italian player you are taking a chance declaring war before France collapses, you put your naval force in danger, and you may even lose North Africa if you arent carefull. Thx again