Author Topic: Questions on newest Rulebook (2015)  (Read 64904 times)

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Questions on newest Rulebook (2015)
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2015, 02:28:51 PM »
You only start with 6 (or 7), but you can reinforce up beyond that.  Note that the support table goes all the way up to 10+ front line units.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2015, 02:33:59 AM »
You would get all 4 units to the front line. Remember that support units (artillery, AA) in reserve that move into a support role move for free (they don't count toward the reinforcement number).

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2015, 09:17:43 PM »
Hey guys!

Another two question.

1 )Can infantry that is landed via transport, accompany tanks in mechanized phase ? I think the rulebook only denying mech-units / planes  that are landed via transport to skip their mechanized phase.

2) Can British planes land on US Carrier?  Can British Infantry accompany british tanks, landing crafts and so on..  and vice versa?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2015, 12:49:23 AM »
Good questions that need clarifying.  Made the following edits:

Removed the "mech" before units in rule 18.0.4
18.0.4 Units (including Blitz leaders) and air units may NOT move in the mechanized phase if they retreated from a battle during the regular combat phase. Additionally, units (and Blitz leaders) may not move during the mech movement phase if they were moved via naval transport (either tactically or strategically) on the regular movement phase. Players may need to mark units not eligible to move on the mech phase with a die or counter to note which units are allowed to move.

added the last sentence to rule 26.2
26.2 Landing Craft
When conducting amphibious invasions (attacks against enemy owned territories), front line units must be landed via landing craft.  Landing craft count as a non-infantry unit for transport capacity limits.  Therefore, transports used for amphibious assaults can carry one landing craft plus one infantry or DD Tank. Landing Craft are expended and removed from play after utilization in an amphibious assault if there is a battle. If landed on an enemy controlled shore containing no enemy front line units, the landing craft is not removed. Landing craft are not ground combat units and do not count toward port supply capacity. Landing craft can be railed. Landing craft may be used to land units of any nationality that can move and attack with the nationality of the landing craft (i.e. a U.S. landing craft can be used to land a British infantry unit).

Added the last sentence to the US nationality rules (though they already say US armor and US infantry)
U.S. infantry may accompany U.S. armor units on the mechanized phase at a 1:1 ratio (i.e. each U.S. armor unit may ‘carry’ one U.S. infantry unit during the mechanized phase). Additionally, U.S. AA Gun units are motorized. US armor may not carry British/CW infantry and vice versa.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2015, 10:27:53 PM »
And another one.

Can the Commonwealth conquered territores PP go to british Income in the same way as minor axis PP to the germans?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2015, 12:14:52 AM »
Yes - edited 3.0.3 - does this capture it correctly?

3.0.3 In order for a country to receive production points from an enemy occupied territory or any nation that is neutral or a minor ally (with a white circle around the production value of the territory), the territory must be occupied by at least one ground unit (any infantry, armor, or artillery type unit). At least one of the units in the territory must be of the nationality receiving the production points (e.g. If British and U.S. infantry occupy a territory, the territory’s production points can go to either U.S. production or the British production). Enemy territories occupied by Axis minors (e.g. Romanian, Hungarian, etc.) may be counted as either German or Axis minor production. British and Commonwealth occupied territories may be counted as either British or Commonwealth. If a (white circle) territory is not occupied, the owning player does not get to count that territory's production value.  This rule abstracts the effect of partisans as well as the need for local garrison, security and logistics forces.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2015, 01:28:18 AM »
Jep ! I'm getting happy about the rulebook!

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2015, 02:26:50 AM »

Can for example the soviet strategically bomb own territores that are occupied/captured by the Germans the turn earlier , even when the territory gave no income for germany this round? ( no garrision) and how to keep track which territores gave pp to axis and which not ? :)

if the soviets can bomb every territory regardless if the german Player got income from it.. can the axis freely abandon the territory (removing the flag marker) so the russian Player can't just Keep some germans occupied territores to bomb them every other turn..

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2015, 02:40:25 AM »
Great questions Darkman - we eventually will have all the rules holes filled in!

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2015, 02:56:42 AM »
You can bomb any territory the enemy is collecting income from.  If the Germans are collecting income from Minsk, the Soviets can bomb it (for up to 1pp - what it is worth).

If the enemy is not collecting income from the territory, it can not be bombed to reduce enemy PP as they did not collect anything from it.

If needed, I would mark any territories with a chit or die that income is not being collected from if you need to in order to avoid confusion (i.e. if the Germans just took Minsk - or did not occupy it to collect production, the Soviets could not reduce German PP by bombing it).  Usually it is clear what is owned and not, but mark it if their is some ambiguity.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:45:26 AM by Mark »

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2015, 11:03:37 AM »
1.When moving a paratrooper + Transport plane into an enemy territory. Do i have to attack or can i deny the attack?
2.If i can deny it , can the AA fire on me ?
3. Does the AA flying over territory rule only trigger when i fly through the territory and not just into the territory?
4. If it Triggers when flying into the territory.. Can my AA attack twice? One time for the flying over AA and one time for the paratroopers drop into battle?

The rules are not so much helpful in this :)

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2015, 01:25:52 PM »
The transport with the para, will be fired by any existing AA guns in the enemy territory , when flying over it without conducting an air assault or being a part of a combined ground and air assault but only once, I think you will need to declare an air assault or just say you flying over the territory. I can see tho AA guns firing twice a turn, first when enemy planes fly over it through the territory where AA are in, conducting a strategic attack, and second if the territory the AA are in gets attacked they can be used as a front line unit or as AA if the enemy has planes supporting his attack. Rules doesn't say anything about AA firing only at one target so I read it as you can,?

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2015, 03:04:59 PM »
Good question - Ground AA gets to fire once at every unit flying over it. If the air unit(s) does not participate in the land battle (dropping a paratrooper, ground attack, strat bombing or movement interdiction),  AA does not fire on it.

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2015, 03:52:09 PM »
You always resolve strat attacks before ground attacks, can a AA unit that fire against strat attacks, be a front line unit on the ground battle? Rules don't say no so I always play it as a yes. Plus AA units fire against air units that fly THROUGH  their territory even when the planes moving through don't attack( strat or ground ) the territory they are located. It's in the rules.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2015, 09:54:14 PM »
Ok in see we need some example

A british Bomber Is moving from London To Bremen. Bremen has an AA Unit.
The AA Unit fires immediately on the Bomber. If the bomber attacks in the combat phase ( strategic , airbase , battle ) the same AA Can Fire again on the bomber?