Author Topic: Questions on newest Rulebook (2015)  (Read 64833 times)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Questions on newest Rulebook (2015)
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2015, 11:50:13 AM »
What was changed ? :)

New question:

1) Can you move troops into an unoccupied enemy zone on any movement chit and then move troops via transport (strategically) into that territory on the same or another movement chit ? (Is   that territory already considered "friendly" ?

2) Can you Transport troops in the movement phase that already moved / activated ?

Is this a valid move?

By the way .. do you guys ever thought on a rule that you loose control of an unoccupied territory if it is too far away from the next unit or supplied territory.. keeping track of the owner of territories in no mans land :D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:42:22 PM by Darkman »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2015, 03:05:48 PM »
1) No - Strategic transport during combat phase into territories that started the beginning of the turn as friendly.
2) I'm assuming you are asking if you can pick up troops that have already moved on a later chit draw. - no.

Great questions!

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2015, 12:05:52 AM »
I'll see if I can clarify in the rulebook.

Per the question regarding moving into an empty space with only enemy air units, I added rule 9.0.3:

9.0.3 If a player moves ground units into an enemy territory only occupied by enemy air units that have not yet moved (i.e. are still ‘on the ground’), the enemy air units must immediately retreat and fly their range to another friendly owned territory where they can land (or are eliminated).  The displaced air units are considered to have moved and may not move again on a later chit draw.  The territory moved into by the ground units is considered unoccupied enemy territory.

Does that cover it?

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2015, 02:24:30 AM »
Can those air units participate in a mech battle or are they considered to be "returned"?

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2015, 05:52:57 AM »
Can submarines move strategic through enemy controlled sea zones (markers) in the non-combat phase without restrictions?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2015, 08:41:42 AM »
yes - subs ignore sea zone control.  If not clear, I'll go back into the rulebook to make sure it is clear.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2015, 01:18:37 AM »
OK - added clarity to some of the rules regarding these questions.  Let me know if these don't address issues raised or are not clear.

7.5.2 Units may not embark on transports if they have already moved on an earlier chit draw on the movement phase.  Units may not move again once they disembark from transports during a later chit draw during the movement phase. Being moved by transports from one territory to another are the entire move for conveyed units during the movement phase.

7.5.4 Transports moving strategically (8 spaces) must pick up all of their cargo adjacent to where units embark from.  Transports always end their movement in the space they drop units off from. When moving strategically, units may not be dropped off in a territory that is already being attacked or that was not friendly owned at the beginning of the movement phase.

20.1.2 Unlike other naval units, submarines ignore enemy controlled sea zones on the non-combat movement phase.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 04:16:54 AM by Mark »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2015, 05:35:31 AM »
Can strategically moving transports pick up from multiple adjacent territories from starting sea zone?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2015, 05:48:35 AM »
OK - re-worded to make it hopefully more clear:

7.5.4 Transports moving strategically must pick up their cargo adjacent to the sea zone the transport starts the movement phase in (could be from multiple territories adjacent to the same sea zone).  Transports always end their movement in the space they drop units off from. When moving strategically, units may not be dropped off in a territory that is being attacked or that was not friendly owned at the beginning of the movement phase.

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2015, 07:55:28 AM »
So Mark can I strategically move a transport loaded with 3 inf from Irish Sea, it finishes its move somewhere off the west coast of africa, then on the non combat move move it strategically again to Red Sea?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2015, 08:14:02 AM »
absolutely - yes.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2015, 12:39:30 PM »
Added additional clarity:

7.5.4 Transports moving strategically must pick up their cargo adjacent to the sea zone the transport starts the movement phase in (could be from multiple territories adjacent to the same sea zone).  While units may remain on a transport at the end of the movement phase, transports always end their movement in the space they drop units off from. When moving strategically, units may not be dropped off in a territory that is being attacked or that was not friendly owned at the beginning of the movement phase.

Bobsalt

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2015, 01:13:34 PM »
Reading the Europe rules, I have a question about 9.2 Counter-offensives. If Player A attacks a territory without any armor units, and player B declares a counter offensive, and has armor, does Player B's armor get the bonus for having armor attacking an opponent without any armor?
"Peace through superior firepower"

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2015, 01:51:08 PM »
Yes - as both players are the attacker, both would apply attacker bonuses and modifiers.  If player B has armor and player A does not have any armor, Player B armor would receive a +2 modifier.

Maybe I need to clarify that as well. . .damn just posted the updated rules.

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2015, 02:07:22 PM »
Another thing Mark, if I start a ground battle with 7 units, lose 2 on the first round of battle, then on the reinforcement toll I get 4 units to move up from the reserves, do I get to bring all 4 as front line units for a total of 9, or I only have to bring up 2?