Author Topic: Questions on newest Rulebook (2015)  (Read 64360 times)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Questions on newest Rulebook (2015)
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 01:03:06 AM »
26.3 Mulberries & 26.4 DD Tanks should say Winter 1941 rather than Spring 1942 according to the British Chart

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2015, 04:17:45 AM »
French Chart and VP chart updated on dropbox.

Changed the Europe notes on dd tanks and mulberries.

Changed the Finnish rules to: 
If Leningrad falls to the Axis or if any Soviet units (including planes) enter the post Winter War territories that make up Finland (any Finnish territory other than Vyborg), this restriction is lifted and any number of Axis units may enter Finland and Finnish units may operate outside of their adjacent territory restriction.

This prevents strategic bombing of Finnish points.  I still like limiting Finland to winterized German units.  Given a unit is really like 2 divisions I think this more or less works.  While the Germans deployed some panzers to Finland and some AA units and a regular infantry division, I think these units can be viewed as too small of formations to be reflected as a unit.  I don't think the Germans had 2 panzer divisions ever in Finland.

Opening up Finland to all kinds of units led us to some weird game situations like para assaults on Archangel and blitz attacks through the arctic.  Rather than making some new arctic rules, I think the winter only units works nicely.

Working on updated Pacific rules and will post here shortly for review.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 05:35:32 AM »
Cool Mark,

Yeah the rule change helps a bit, but the germans had airforce in finland , "Luftflotte 1 & 5"

http://www.amazon.com/Luftwaffe-Over-Finland-War-Series/dp/1853674699

"This brilliant new book depicts the Germans' use of aircraft in Finland and Norway to maintain their campaign against the Soviet Union. The Fins were active allies of the Germans in their war against the Soviets and allowed the Luftwaffe considerable freedom in its operations over Russia."

P.S
The French text Format is now different to the text before.. but much better reading- Maybe you want to take a look at it again

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:05:11 AM by Darkman »

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 04:21:28 AM »
21.0.1 During this phase both sides must check the supply status of every territory on the map.  First the initiative owner determines the supply status for his territories, then the initiative loser.  For a territory to be ‘in supply’, it must trace a line of supply through friendly owned territories and friendly or neutral sea zones of unlimited length back to two friendly owned production center territories.

I guess it should say sea zones 8 length instead of unlimited length.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 06:05:36 AM »
Maybe you want to give a hint in the rulebook that you "Round Up" Vichy production points for the axis , once Vichy syria joins the axis.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 08:38:51 AM »
OK - will amend.  Also addressed the replenishment ship question in your separate thread.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2015, 12:19:25 PM »
Something new for the Rulebook 2015

1) Give me answer on the question in the rulebook:
    - What happens if a army is moving into a enemy territory where only air units exist? [Not yet moved, so not in Air"]

John hinted me some years ago
"The must retreat their range to friendly territory/carrier or the unit is eliminated. They can not participate in combat during the current phase."

1.1) and what if they were moved via transport into that territory?  Destroyed?

2) When a player moves his planes on any chit draw during the movement Phase from one friendly territory to another... are these planes

-  always in air or are they landed and attackable for an airbase attack?
  -  if a player can decide that their planes are landed or still in air. When he must announce that?
  -  or can airbase attacks only work on non moved planes ?

3) Please add the winter effect rules for the pacific scenario
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 06:40:46 AM by Darkman »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2015, 04:47:58 AM »
Hi Darkman - Mark is away for the week - so I will answer:

1)Yes - that sentence/hint is correct. If they were moved via transport - same rules - they can retreat if they are able (good question though)
2) We would consider them in the air. Airbase attacks are only vs planes that have not moved...

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 11:05:47 AM »
Once a Naval battle Is triggered on any movement chit .. Can The defender move more ships into the battle (Reserve) by moving ships strategically (6 or 8 spaces )?

In the rulebook only unloading troops in a Territory that is under attack is forbidden by letting the Transports move strategically.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2015, 04:18:01 AM »
Excellent question - I would say no - you can only tactically (4 Europe/3 Pacific) move into an existing Naval battle and participate (be in reserve) . If the ships moved strategically before the battle began - then the defending ships could participate.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2015, 09:45:26 AM »
Excellent question - I would say no - you can only tactically (4 Europe/3 Pacific) move into an existing Naval battle and participate (be in reserve) . If the ships moved strategically before the battle began - then the defending ships could participate.

So they Can not move into The zone or only cannot Participate in the battle?

by the way.. are you sure it is 3 (tactical in the pacific)? Pacific Rulebook says 4?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 02:27:38 AM by Darkman »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 08:49:10 AM »
Neither - to keep it simple...
We did go back and forth with regard to Pacific tactical move - 3 is what was finalized.

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 02:15:36 PM »
So its official John, pacific tactical move goes down to 3, the last time I read the pacific rules it was still at 4

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2015, 04:30:39 AM »
Let me check with Mark - he was away - we have never played with a tac move of 4 in the Pacific...

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2015, 08:37:07 AM »
Please find attached the latest edition of the Asia/Pacific rulebook.  I will post it to the forum rules shortly, but wanted to share it here first for feedback.