Author Topic: War of Liberation: My Napoleonic Spain adaptation of ASfE  (Read 9899 times)

British_Mike

• Captain
    • View Profile
War of Liberation: My Napoleonic Spain adaptation of ASfE
« on: February 16, 2014, 08:18:31 AM »
Dear all,

well, I have finally got the prototype of my slow burn game up and running. The game simulates the Spanish / Anglo-Portuguese struggle to evict the French Empire from Spain, 1808-1813. 

See the attached for the first of three playtest PDFs from the first turns I have been playing with John D.

This was started in 1994, and later had llfe breathed back into it by playing AsfE and seeing what was possible. Thanks Mark, John and the gang.

Thanks to all who fed into this: have a look and tell me what you think.

Cheers

Mike

British_Mike

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: War of Liberation: My Napoleonic Spain adaptation of ASfE
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 08:21:51 AM »
And here is the first after-action report (AAR), covering Winter 1808/1809 and early Spring 1809 turns (each turn is two months).

Each piece is a brigade.

John and I are just learning the rules but so far they hang together nicely. The sieges have been especially fun.

Cheers

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

British_Mike

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 08:28:13 AM »
And here is the late Spring 1809 turn report. This turn ends with double supply being drawn from the map areas,  the so-called"Green Forage" effect.

John is getting to grips with my defences but I managed to beat him back from all the main fortresses on the Portuguese border. First big British win against a French field army where I smashed his covering force at Ciudad Rodrigo. Ten thousand french dead is good news to slap on the walls of Piccadilly!

He has concluded the sieges of Saragossa and Gerona, so now has big forces freed up to send west to central Spain and Portugal. I need to get busy distracting him with little sieges, guerrilla warfare and naval landings along the coast.

The defensive lines of Torres Vedras outside Lisbon are almost ready - I'm aiming to hold off an assault on Portugal till the winter. We'll see what we can manage.

Cheers

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 02:47:41 AM »
Wow - I am really looking forward to playing this!  As it gets developed, we will carve out a section of the forum dedicated to it and other games that are in development. . . looks very cool!

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 10:25:43 AM »
What happened to this game guys? Any files with the map, rules or player aids  available for preview?

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 05:46:45 AM »
British Mike, the game creator, is on a sabbatical with his 3 children :)

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 05:57:41 AM »
Can we at least review any files (rules, units, player aids) that they were associate with the game
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 07:36:56 AM by georgemak1 »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 07:41:54 AM »
I will check with Mike

British_Mike

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 04:08:27 PM »
Hi there,

sorry for being away. A lot of my work is in and on Iraq, so I got kinda busy summer 2014 onwards.

I am now in the midst of staging and moving house a-gain (just a short-range shuffle) but I'll try to get some stuff up about the Napoleonic game in late summer.

Maybe even get a autumn or late summer game of War of Liberation. The one and only multi-player playtest saw us whip through most of 1809-1810 in a single day - largely because the ASE&A players quickly rolled with the similarities in the game system. I think we could do 1809-1811 (18 turns) in a weekend for sure.

War of Liberation will get more visible. I just have to deal with some little guerrillas first.

Mike (Outremer)