Author Topic: Pacific Game Pics  (Read 27479 times)

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Pacific Game Pics
« on: January 15, 2015, 08:25:16 PM »
Ive been an owner of the European game for a few months now and recently I decided to purchase the pacific game. Ive been playing A&A for about 15yrs now, own most of the block games, and all the games of the EFS series, playing these games I had the most fun of all the above. I encourage everybody to take a good look into this game its one of the supreme games out there. I have been collecting miniatures for a few years now so when Im playing I dont glue the counters under the miniature base, after a while we able to recognize all the different units on the board. Map is amazing, and the more experienced guys are always here to help you with anything you need. Im attaching a few pics of the 1939 set up, I hope soon we will do an AAR of the Pacific game, since they arent all of them here. New ppl will be able to see the game board all set for action, and the rest enjoy my minis as I do when Im looking at others. Have fun.

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Pacific Game Pics
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 08:28:22 PM »
Fletcher in port in Somoa isld and an overview of the central pacific, you can see the japanese fleet getting ready in the carolina islds

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 08:30:09 PM »
Commonwealth in India and the Aussies in Australia

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 08:33:41 PM »
Communist and Nationalist chinese army facing the Japs in China

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 08:37:23 PM »
Japanese Navy, and McArhtur in Philippines. I think 2 things that Im thinking of doing is put national flags on each countrys forts, that will make them easier to spot, and Im still using the old counter prints, I need to print out the new ones, I think McArthur is a bit changed

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 04:25:56 AM »
Wow - very pretty minis. . .the ones that really jump out at me are your US carrier planes - really nice job.  I also like the Indian Sikhs - I don't have the skill to paint infantry that nicely. . .

Hope you enjoy the game - and look forward to playing at a con maybe this year!  Seems like we may get enough interest to bring a few folks together somewhere this Summer.

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 07:00:15 AM »
Let me know Mark, I would be interested on meeting you somewhere

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 09:17:13 AM »
I second the "Great Job" comment. If you are going to play a game for hours - it may as well look awesome! Hope to get together some day. Are you ever in New England?

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 08:57:37 PM »
My family lives in upstate NY but I live i CA, maybe one day guys

Wolf

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 02:31:01 PM »
Where did you get your Infantry Minis? 

Also, what part of Cali?  Sonoma County, myself (about an hour north of San Francisco)

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 07:46:53 PM »
I live in SO.CA south from LA, minis is a mix, infantry is from Memoir44, Caesar, and HistoricalBooardGaming. Planes are from HBG and Tumbling Dice,and naval units are HBG and some OOB

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 01:05:54 AM »
Wow - Jnimer, who has been posting a great AAR on the European game that they started over the Holidays, is also out in California - I believe about an hour South of San Francisco.

A con we are thinking about going to this year is ConsimWorld in Phoenix, AZ during the last week of June.  If a couple of you West Coast guys can make it, we could have a pretty fun game!

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 07:56:11 AM »
Let me know in advance Mark. I make sure I take these days off

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 01:24:37 PM »
OK - I started a thread for ConsimWorld.  The dates are June 20th for 4-5 days. . .If we can get at least 4 people committed, I'll register the game.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2015, 04:08:12 PM »
I'm in  8)