Author Topic: Struggle for Asia clarification  (Read 6210 times)

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Struggle for Asia clarification
« on: January 10, 2015, 08:15:13 AM »
Afer being an owner of the European game, I recently purchased the Pacific version of the game. When I was printing the counters I noticed that the US has counters for heavy armor rated 7-7 and 8-8 which I cant found them on their national chart. I looked over the US europe charts and I saw that the 7-7 armor unit is avail on Spring 44 but nothing about the 8-8 armor unit and when its avail. Can you guys plz clarify this to me?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Struggle for Asia clarification
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 07:24:47 AM »
Hi George - where are you seeing the 8-8 armor reference or counter - I can't find it. 

US Heavy Armor is 7-7 and they can start building them in Spring 1944 (I think in the ETO only).  The 8-8 unit should not exist.  Let me know where you are seeing it and I will edit it out.

thanks,
Mark

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 07:42:02 AM »
There it is Mark, I can just ingore them if Im not suppose to use them

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 06:51:17 AM »
Hey guys the US P-40s in the pacific game are rated 4-2-3-3. but the chinese tigers 6-2-3-3, is it an error or the chinese were using something better than the P-40? And can British build a BB in the pacific? They do have the counter but its not listed on their unit chart.Thx in advance guys.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 06:53:59 AM by georgemak1 »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 07:44:13 AM »
I know the rating for Tigers is more of a reflection of better pilots. I will let Mark answer the rest:)

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 09:09:29 AM »
Yes - the Tiger's air-to-air rating of 6 is to reflect their quality - not the type of planes (which were also largely P-40s I believe).  So, yes - US P40s are 4 A2A while the Flying Tigers are 6 A2A.

Included a British battleship counter only in the case of player mods or future adjustments that might be made.  In the current version, the British do not start with an AP battleship nor can they build one.  Should we let them build one if they want to - maybe.

The other ongoing outstanding issue for capital ships in the Pacific is Japanese Fleet carriers.  Should they be 2 hit units like US carriers and cost 5,5,5,5 or should they remain 1 hit units and cost 4,4,4,4.  I am wanting to playtest 2 hit carriers the next time we play Pacific.

Mark

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 02:15:01 PM »
Yes I noticed that too Mark, what do you recommend at this point, play as it is, or with the 2 hit and more cost option? I havent played a single game of the pacific game yet, I ordered the game from HBG last weekend and I havent received the map yet.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 05:37:54 AM »
We have continued to play with them as 1 hit and cheaper per the build chart. . . But enough folks have voiced their opinions differently that we beginning to playtest it the other way (2 hits, 5,5,5,5).  You can try it either way, but we have really only played them as originally designed so far (1 hit, 4,4,4,4).  I would play as is for now.

Wolf

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 06:28:38 AM »
The counters in question are REALLY REALLY old.

These exact files are in what I purchased several years ago.  I just assumed they were old and out of date at that time, and ignored them, going instead with the country charts and rules.

;)

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 10:16:09 AM »
How old are your Struggle for Pacific Counters?  I'll get you access to the latest files via dropbox so you can get the latest up-to-date. 

mark