Author Topic: Christmas Special  (Read 36901 times)

jnimer

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Special
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2015, 06:42:19 PM »
The Allies definitely didn't have enough firepower, could have used more heavy artillery and bombers. I still feel that the Allies have the edge - going off of this game it seems like the Allies have a lot more room for improvement in how we played it than the Axis

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2015, 06:34:29 AM »
With planning, a good balance or forces and patience - the Allies should have the edge. Much easier said than done  8)

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2015, 01:13:27 AM »
Looks like a great game. . .I love it when it comes down to the wire!  Looking forward to your next documented game - this one was awesome - and your minis all look great too!

I hope we can get you (and whoever your opponent was) out to ConSimWorld in June. . .would be great to get a big game going all with experienced players.

jnimer

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2015, 05:41:51 AM »
pics

jnimer

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2015, 05:42:50 AM »
more pics

jnimer

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2015, 05:43:45 AM »
and more pics

jnimer

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2015, 05:45:19 AM »
Thanks! The decals I ordered just arrived so hopefully I'll have those ready to go next time. Definitely interested in making it to ConSim in June if my schedule permits.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2015, 01:47:57 PM »
Great game - lots of Allied pressure to hit very tough German defenses! Very cool documentation! Hope to see you at Consim World!

jnimer

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2015, 05:38:38 PM »
What strategies are generally pursued by italy? I have never had any offensive success with them, even with German fighters and tanks

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2015, 07:32:44 AM »
I think there are a few options with the Italians - though John is the real expert on them, not me.

Lately I have seen the Italians push for the Greek morale bonus (taking out Greece by themselves).  That usually means taking Crete first or else it is almost impossible. 

As the Allied player, I have lost Egypt to the Axis a couple times - which can be a real game changer.  Determined German mech effort and Luftwaffe commitment can really blast the British - especially with Rommel's 2 re-rolls.  The British can not keep up with German air in 1940.   Three German fighters on Crete with another in Rhodes backed up by bombers in Athens can make it very tough on the British navy in the Eastern Med.  Take Cyprus to get another airbase as well.  Shifting from France to Africa quickly with airpower and a few tanks can really throw the British off as the Germans can redeploy more rapidly to the Med and catch the British off-guard.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 07:40:57 AM by Mark »

jnimer

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2015, 06:53:41 AM »
Makes sense. Thinking about it, and it seems that there is a pretty significant trade-off between committing to Africa versus bombing britain