Forum Index > After Action Reports / Playtesting

Christmas Special

(1/15) > >>

jnimer:
The troops prepare for war as autumn 1939 approaches. In their haste to mobilize quickly many supply departments may have given out the wrong camouflage gear to their troops (my painting could use some work). Should start later today:)

jnimer:
poland looks woefully unprepared to meet the german onslaught

jnimer:
france eyes the the german army in their immediate vicinity and thinks "hey, we might actually be able to win this time"

Mark:
WOW - looks great!  I think your paint job looks pretty good!   Better than my paint job for most of the units!  It took us years to assemble and finally paint our set - it looks like you did it in a matter of weeks. . .

I like how you are using different chips for the Allies and the Axis. . .

You may want to double check your German set-up.  It looks like a couple spots are switched maybe and you are missing a few of the infantry that start in Germany.

Hope you have a great game - hope you can document it and post it!

jnimer:
you're correct, i didnt quite have the right setup, thanks for catching that. so we played turn 1 this afternoon. it was slow going as i was teaching the rules to a new player, but hopefully the pace will quicken as we get into it.

Germany slaughtered poland with light casualties while railing almost all of its armor and its top generals west. it started 3 new me109s, a stuka, two panzers, 2 artillery and purchased some infantry and a landing craft in preparation for invading norway (1 para 1 alpine inf 1 bomber and 1 battlecruiser against oslo). it also attacked convoy zones dealing 7 damage although luth barely escaped with his life and fled from an overzealous destroyer before launching his torpedoes.

italy moved infantry and a bomber to africa and redeployed a fighter and tank division to southern italy while started a new transport and fighter.

in the west france prepared her defenses while the british landed the first divisions of the bef on the continent.

russia rolled over poland which really just had one of the worst autumns imaginable, inflicting about 4 casualties on the entire forces of germany and russia. russia also redeployed significant forces to leningrad under kirponos. he faces off with the intimidating mannerheim in what is sure to be a deadly winter war.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version