Author Topic: Japanese Leaders  (Read 16946 times)

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Japanese Leaders
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 01:43:55 AM »
Working on the revised Japanese leaders now.  Nearly have it done.  I don't think I will be including Aruga Kosaku.  He was only a captain (promoted to Vice Admiral posthumously).  His only claim to fame was sailing the Yamato to its destruction.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 02:37:46 AM »
Wow, sounds like a short career...

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 03:46:00 AM »
i only included him because give the japanese 3 leaders that exist over autumn 1944 till end and this was the only famous one that would work
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 03:48:58 AM by Darkman »

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2015, 08:48:04 AM »
Japanese (as well as come chinese and US) leaders updated on the dropbox file as well as Japanese, US PTO and Chinese country sheets.  Take a look and let me know what you think. . .I made a few adjustments from what was posted here.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2015, 08:19:37 PM »
Hello Mark!

Yeah thank you i looked over it.

Mostly i like and look brilliant!

Except

1. Toshizō Nishio was a Japanese general, considered to be one of the Imperial Japanese Army's most successful and ablest strategists during the Second Sino-Japanese War, who commanded the Japanese Second Army - I think he is reflected too weak.

2. The Japanese has alot 0/0 Leaders compared to the Allied. Especially on the Sea Battles. I would give Kondo his 1/0 back at least.

3. You made many AHistorical Entry / Removal Tables especially on the Japanese Naval Leaders. Why?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2015, 08:17:20 AM »
My first pass at Nishio did make him seem all that impressive - but, as the CinC of the China theater, his strategic value should at least be higher.  Maybe a defensive re-roll.  So, let me re-work him.   I might have Okamura arrive later - maybe when Nishio is removed. . .

The Japanese only have two 0/0 naval leaders. . .the Americans have 3.  I don't think they have all that many 0/0 naval re-roll guys, do you?   I went back and forth on the Kondo naval re-roll, but the only time he really led a surface fleet in a battle, he got mauled and lost the Krishima - so not sure it is merited.

Where am I off with historical entries and exits?  I want to make sure Mikawa and Tanaka are around for Summer and Autumn 1942 as they were critical in the battles around Guadalcanal - that is why I moved them up to Autumn 1941.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 08:10:27 AM »
Sorry had no free time earlier for Response..

maybe just my thinking but i somehow don't like 6 japanese ground 0/0 leaders stats while the allies have 0 and china 2.
Isn't it more fun to have some influence to the battle with some rerolls?

ok but i agree with kondo. You are right on him.

to the entries and Exits..

Nagumo (Currently Autumn 39-42)
Historical:  From November 1940-April 1941, Nagumo was Commandant of the Naval War College.

Ozawa (Currently Autumn 39-42)
Historical:  retired after October 1944 and leaded a Naval College

Yamaguchi   (Currently Autumn 39-42)
Historical: Went down with an aircraft carrier in 1942. Dunno if we remove KIA Generals?

All others are correct i think. So not that many, i'm sorry for writing "many"

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2015, 08:59:37 AM »
After playing the pacific scenario once again.
I think going down from 5 to 3 autumn 1943 japanese naval leaders while the allied naval leaders go up from 4 to 6 in spring 1944 is a bit too harsh and unneeded.
Seeing your splited fleets with no chance of any reaction makes not that much fun.

i think sometimes a 4th leader can help. The best option would be Shōji Nishimura. (Stats  well.. not too high. Maybe 1-4-1-0 or 2-4-1-0)
Added in Autumn 1943.  Gives you a little more flexibility.
Nishimura was named the commander of the "Southern Force"in "Operation Sho-Go", aimed at a final and decisive naval battle against the United States Navy in the Philippines while Ozawa leaded the "Northern Force".

Only for proposal due lack of Paint Skill :-)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 12:22:04 AM by Darkman »

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2015, 01:43:06 AM »
We've made a lot of changes to the Pacific leaders over the last few months - I think we need to run through a few playtests to understand the impact and how we need to adjust or add new leaders.  Have you played a few Pacific games with the new leaders and identified the lack of late war leaders for the Japanese as a problem?

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2015, 02:09:23 AM »
Hello Mark.

I played only 1 game with the new leaders yet.
But that nothing new i always thought the japanesse Lack in naval leaders in Late game if you not Kamikaze with your ships.

i have to say i play with naval leaders Elimination If the whole Fleet is destroyed, then the Leader Is dead aswell.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2015, 05:49:12 AM »
Hey guys,

i made some adjustments for my next test. i like to share with you.

- Added Admiral Lee for the U.S starting Spring 1942,  i know it is a bit (should be around summer \ autumn 1942 i reality) earlier but the U.S somehow lack on pacific vice admirals that fit.
- Added an additional Medium Bomber to the U.S 1939 & 1941 Setup. (To playtest the Doolittle raid we dicussed on another thread)

Adjusted the Japanese table.
- Removed the Removal of Yamaguchi as he is killed in Action. Like other leaders that are KIA and not removed i wanted to bring this one in line.
- Added Nishimura in Autumn 1943
- Added the Removal of Ozawa in Autumn 1944
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 09:20:21 AM by Darkman »