Forum Index > Game Design

Japanese Leaders

(1/6) > >>

Darkman:
Hi guys,

Want to suggest some changes to the Japanese leaders (Pacific Game)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post ist outdated and almost 8 month old.. please look down.

John D.:
This is great - I can't wait to give the Pacific a facelift! 8)

Darkman:
Heya

As promised some month ago i wanted look deeply on the Pacific Game and found some errors on the Japanese Empire Leaders. 
I only had time yet to look on the Japanese Field Generals .. I will look deeply on the Naval Generals in the next days.

What i did?

First i looked on all Generals & Lieutenant General that you guys were using for this game. Like in Europe many Entries & Removals were wrong.
Then i looked on all Generals & Lieutenant General of the japanese Empire from 1939 - 1945 that had a major role in WW2.

For my suggestion to you i won't provide the unimportant ones or the ones that switched commands fast were almost entirely on the soviet Border.

I was sitting the whole day on it and reading a lot about them i think i found a good solution to bring them up to you + and correcting some erros & Leader Entries
I also found out that almost all Japanese Leaders have an historical entry autumn turns  rather than on spring turns. Only a small amount i needed to adapt.
I always looked on the game turn Dates so sometimes the entry was a month earlier or later.
But Autumn works for them all.

What i did not?

Sorry i had no time yet to look on the allied or chinese side.

Maybe if you guys like this suggestion Mark can look on the allied site .
Maybe there is some role for an Chinese Communist Leader like Marshal Peng Dehuai , The British Louis Mountbatten or the US Admiral Chester Nimitz or some other Leaders that i sadly forget atm.

The Suggestion

* Imamura = His Picture Is wrong. This is Imamura https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imamura_Hitoshi
   The Picture you use is Tadamichi Kuribayashi , also known a the Defender of Iwo Jima. A New Leader i would like to add.

** Kurita  = Sadamu Shimomura.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadamu_Shimomura
You use the right Picture but the wrong Name
There existed an Admiral "Takeo Kurita" on the battles of Guadacanal but this is an Naval Leader that i might introduce in my Naval Leader Suggestion

Tomoyuki Yamashita (the Tiger of Malaya) is similiar to  von Rundstedt .. Leaving the game in Autumn 1942 and coming back later with altered stats.

These three Leaders had a major role on the war against China.

Shunroku Hata
Toshizo Nishio 
Jun Ushiroku

So what does it change actually ?
To make it short. The changes add 2 Japanese Field Generals during all game turns. Some leaders leave , some come.. So you have some against China and some against the Allies.

John D.:
Mark,
We got some work cut out for us :)

Mark:
Seems all like good suggestions to me. . .I'll make the adjustments - thought may take me a bit.  The only change we may want to do is change the late war general (Kuribayashi) to a 1 defensive re-roll instead of 2 - that may be too rough for small Pacific scale battles late in the war.

Leaders like Eisenhower, Nimitz, Yamato, Mountbatten - I have excluded from the game as they were more like theater supreme leaders rather than actual army or army group leaders.  It would be interesting to incorporate them into the game, but I think it would be something different than the leaders we have & the way we use them.

We experimented with other Chinese leaders, including the Communist Chinese leader you name below, but I think we determined it gave the Chinese too much flexibility (they are already more than a challenge for the Japanese) and decided not to play with them.  Now, with the additional Japanese leaders, we may want to revisit the idea of Chinese leaders.

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version