Author Topic: Operation Rhine Exercise  (Read 23857 times)

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Rhine Exercise
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2015, 03:25:12 AM »
No waiting on me. . .John has the North Atlantic/Baltic map changes - he just needs to make them and post the new version in the dropbox. . . Here is the update again:

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2016, 09:24:34 PM »
 I think a new Problem occurs. Since now ships are allowed To move through enemy controlled sea zones in The final movement, the italian Navy has no Option to stop the allies sending reinforcements (Transports with troops ) through the Gibraltar straight. As a british You just always wait in Gibraltar until final movement and move 8 spaces to the North africa territories.

I still would like to see some Intercept rules to Block this.

Solution:
So every ship / plane that moved tactical and did not attack / snapshot Is in an Intercept Mode and can stay in the Sea zone. 
Planes have the option to stay in the sea zone and skip the landing phase ( after mech phase).

The initiative Winner and then the initative Loser moves his ships and planes back at the end of the final movement phase. ( after all other ships that attacked or moved strategically)
Planes in "Intercept Mode" Land now but have no further movement. (No 2x range)

Ships & Planes in Intercept Mode have a chance to attack ships moving through their sea zone (or maybe also adjacent)  in final movement can roll on a new intercept table and then trigger a battle.

What do you think ?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 04:52:12 AM by Darkman »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2016, 03:12:13 AM »
Hi Darkman - sounds a bit complicated - but you can try them. Remember that ships end movement in port - not sure that this has any real effect on the game. You want to slow movement to Gibraltar - park some uboats and threaten to snap fire at ships - that usually slows Allied redeployment down...

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2016, 03:13:08 AM »
Or take Gibraltar ;)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2016, 04:47:01 AM »
Hey John :-)

A too complicated rule in a very complex game ?  :o

Hehe you joking with me ;-))

I auctally try to block the redeployment without any risks in the non-combat movment.

A simpler rule would fix it too.
"like you can't unload troops from a sea zone with an enemy control marker on it "

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2016, 10:37:15 AM »
 8)