Author Topic: How triggers for minors work??  (Read 5977 times)

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
How triggers for minors work??
« on: June 09, 2015, 03:34:57 PM »
I would like someone to explain me how the triggers for the minors work. I understand the plus and minus work depending what territories you aqcuire, but my question is, do you roll a D6 or a D12 dice, and what number are you trying to reach/roll? I read the part 23.0 in the rulebook but I still cant come to any understanding how things work.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: How triggers for minors work??
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 01:55:55 AM »
OK, made some edits to this rule so hopefully it is more clear.  I will be re-posting the latest rules this week that have captured all of the notes folks have been raising - thanks for going through them so thoroughly.

27.3.8 Axis minors are rolled for during the ‘Check for Minor Allies Phase’ if the Axis took one or more trigger territories (noted on the Italian country card).  The Axis player rolls a d12 die once for each applicable minor country trigger taken that turn, applying all accumulated modifiers for captured trigger territories. For example, if the Axis already have Athens and Crete, but then take Cyprus and Malta in the same turn they would roll triggers for Turkey twice during this phase once for Cyprus applying a +3 modifier (for Athens, Crete and Cyprus) and once for Malta applying a +4 modifier (for Athens, Crete, Cyprus, and Malta)

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 04:51:26 AM »
And what number are we trying to reach for the minor to join the allies or axis powers?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 05:59:37 AM »
This is on the minor ally table at the bottom of the Italian country card.  It is 0 or less plus modifiers for Turkey and Spain and 3 or less for Vichy Syria and Iraq.

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 10:07:13 AM »
I still don't get it, example. Axis conquers Athens, Crete, Alexandria, that's a plus 3 modifier, how can I get 0 or less for turkey to become pro- axis? Even worst how can I end up with a minus 4 when I modify with a plus 3 my dice roll? Doesn't make sense

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 11:28:34 AM »
OK, so maybe I need to illustrate the modifiers as negative instead of positive. . .If you take Athens, Crete, and Cyprus, Turkey would become a pro-Axis neutral on a 3 or less (0 +3 = 3 or less)

georgemak1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 01:54:13 PM »
Yes you will probably have to Mark, otherwise it's a bit confusing this way. Then it will be a dice roll of 3 minus 3 the Athens, Crete, Alexandria modifiers becomes a zero, it makes a lot more sense like this.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 02:29:07 AM »
This input is extremely helpful! Thank you!

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 05:48:05 AM »
What this really boils down to is the fact that you didn't explain what the baseline number is without any modifiers.  There is nothing wrong with the system that you are using but as is pointed out the modifiers have no meaning if they don't have a starting point to relate to.

Also, where is the list of Minors that these modifiers apply to?  How does one know which minors are to be rolled for at the end of a turn in which one of these trigger is taken? 

Having not played, I am unsure.  I take it we are only talking about Spain and Turkey since it is the Med/NA that these modifiers relate to?