Author Topic: Outstanding game  (Read 6002 times)

Uncle Joe

• Captain
    • View Profile
Outstanding game
« on: March 06, 2006, 07:10:49 AM »
This is really an outstanding game. 
It is not perfect, but no game is perfect for everyone and it is not too difficult to make tweaks so that it fits your group's little preferences.

What i truly like about this game is the more or less historical boundaries.  The victory conditions, builds, general strategies fit in perfectly with WWII.  No mad tank rushes for Moscow, no rolling right over China, Russia is a huge menace and the Eastern front is truly EPIC.  The Royal Navy and RAF play their important roles, the U-Boat war can be extremely threatening and a war winner for the Germans, island hopping and flat tops are the keys to victory in the Pacific - its all there. . .

If you have 5-6 guys who love to play WW2 games like this - have a basement or a room where you can set it up (while the map is 3 by 8 feet - you actually need some more space for the country charts) and you meet regularly or have a FULL day to play (the game takes at least 12 and up to 18 hours to play) - this game is for you!

Outstanding job - look forward to playing you at Origins!

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Outstanding game
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 08:30:55 AM »
Hello uncle Joe,
     I am glad to see your post. I have been playing it for 2 years and I still can't get enough.

See you at Origins!

John