Author Topic: Battle Markers  (Read 6024 times)

Wolf

• Major
    • View Profile
Battle Markers
« on: July 06, 2014, 05:14:21 AM »
 8)

This is the first thing I had to make for this game.  Keeping track of all the battles can be quite a challenge.

So, I made really obnoxious standup markers that are impossible to miss, and matching off board pages to move combatants to.  I made different areas to keep track of who came in when, who was "Front Line" and who was "Reserve".

Yesterday, playing Russian Front, I decided I needed a way to separate who was attacking over a river, and what defensive terrain was in play.  When I sat down to do the battles, I did not want to jump up and run back to the map every 5 seconds...

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Markers
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 09:30:31 AM »
Very cool way to track. We made similar markers using blocks 8)

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 01:48:18 AM »
I like the terrain counters and counters for rivers - to put on the battleboards as a reminder for what kind of terrain the battle is being fought in.   That is a great idea.  I might make one for Winter as well - just to remind me when winter effects are impacting a battle.

I don't know if I understand the reason for the mini battleboards.  When we set up a battle, we mark it on the board and then move the pieces to the same numbered battleboard.  Everything that was there or moved in initially we dump into Front Line section of the battleboard.  Anything that move in later we dump into the reserve box on the battleboard.  are these mini battleboards an interim step?

Wolf

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 03:25:27 AM »
Mark,

Yes, they are an interim step.  I usually do not have the room to lay out 8 battleboards, so these are a space saver.  It allows me to pull units from the map during movement, and have them ready when it is time to do battles.  I have them on a table, next to a set of Air/Naval/Ground battleboards.

That way I can fight through the battles pretty quickly, and not get lost.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 06:26:28 AM »
OK - thanks for the clarification.  That makes a lot of sense with limited space.
 8)