Author Topic: Corps markers for aircraft  (Read 6802 times)

Wolf

• Major
    • View Profile
Corps markers for aircraft
« on: June 27, 2014, 07:18:22 AM »
 :)

Hey guys,  I don't know if you have any need/use for such things, but I find basing air assets can sometimes get a little tight, especially on the Eastern Front, and in the UK.

The markers are designed to be printed on cardstock, cut out, and stuck together to make a double-sided standup. (I use double-stick tape, myself).

The cards are very similar to your corps marker cards, designed to be printed on cardstock, and cut.

This is just the German Set.  I will be making a Russian Set and a Western Allies set a little later.

Also, the designations (JG, KG, StG) are not designed to limit what kind of aircraft you have based where, but to offer some historical "flavor".

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Corps markers for aircraft
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 01:27:53 AM »
Wow - these look really cool!  I will print them out and use them for our next game! 

Can't wait to see how the Allied and Soviet ones come out.  Do you think they will need to be colored gray, green, brown, etc. ?

cheers,
Mark

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 03:43:01 AM »
Those look great! Great flavor!

Wolf

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 06:48:18 AM »
 ;D  Thanks Guys.

One of my (many) jobs in the company I work for is Graphic Layout and Design, so I have access to a really hot computer with the latest Adobe Creative Suite.  This is really useful in my hobbies.

Mark, I had not intended to put a colored background on the counters, although that would be easy to do.  The large German Cross was intended as the side identifier.  The Soviets will have a large, bright red star, and the allies will have US and UK airforce roundels, all designed to be large and distinguishing.

I will upload when I complete them.

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 03:34:53 AM »
What's with the Bf-109 only silhouettes?  No love for the FW-190?  >:(

Nice unit designation info though.

Wolf

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 06:49:50 AM »
 :) The Fw 190D-9 is my all time favorite warbird.

However, KISS, so I had to pick a distinctive sihouette.