Author Topic: Rules of second edition enough of a change from 1st?  (Read 5771 times)

thenorthman

• Captain
    • View Profile
Rules of second edition enough of a change from 1st?
« on: January 04, 2014, 04:43:47 PM »
Mark or John,

Our the rules of the second edition enough of a change to require a new entry at Board Game Geek?

Admin is asking if it should be a "new entry" that reemplamates WWII SEA or a complete new entry into their data base.

I haven't been able to grab a copy yet, plan to sometime in March, to really read the rules.  I think I could download a free version of the rules so really have no excuse except knew wouldn't get to playing it until later any way.

Sean

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Rules of second edition enough of a change from 1st?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 06:32:43 AM »
Hi Sean - Thanks for posting this to BGG and updating it.  The second edition is very different from the original game.  But, what I have done is to update the text on the original posting you did to BGG and to post some pics of the second edition game on the same entry.  I don't know if we should create a new entry or rather just re-write & post to the original entry - since we really do not sell the first edition anymore.

Let me know what you think once you have checked out the posting on BGG.
Mark

thenorthman

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Rules of second edition enough of a change from 1st?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 08:03:11 PM »
I don't know....personally I think it would be better to just add a new entry that way you could have one for Europe and Asia as separate games.

I have no problem doing that if you want. But if you prefer to keep just the one the title and other things like dates need to be updated.

Also might alleviate some confusion from people who did play the first edition if there were other entries. Easily linked from the first edition and vise versa back to the first edition from the new edition.

I am a completist and if the current one is just morphed I think I'd feel cheated. ;-)