Author Topic: Starting Units & Locations  (Read 6969 times)

Fred1756

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Starting Units & Locations
« on: December 17, 2013, 06:51:28 AM »
Has anybody prepared an historically accurate list of starting units and positions for other other than 1939 or Spring of 1941?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Starting Units & Locations
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 02:24:20 AM »
I have only built the Autumn 39 and Spring 41 set-ups.  I have not heard of other custom ones being built.  I have thought about a Spring or a Summer 43 start for a shorter game - before the Allies invade Italy and before Kursk.  It would perhaps be a fun scenario for both sides to play out the last 9-10 turns.  Spring 43 would maybe give people a little more flexibility than Summer 43.  I think a Summer 43 would lock people into Kursk and Sicily - while if it was a Spring 43 start, there would be a little room to do things different if one wanted to.

Mission11

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 05:28:08 PM »
The HBG group is developing a 1936 game that they forecast will be available for sale sometime in 2014.  I imagine that game will factor in the troop compositions in Asia just prior to the onset of the second Sino-Japanese war.  It will be interesting to see what they propose for the European side of the map.  If you have some feedback, they may appreciate suggestions.

Fred1756

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 08:43:44 AM »
Mark,

Thanks for the reply. I think Spring 42 or Spring 43 would be interesting scenarios. I enjoy the game but it does take a long time to play, thus I was looking for something shorter if it existed.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 09:38:57 AM »
Hey Happy New Year guys!

I would also be interested in an Spring 43 Scenario! Sounds cool