Author Topic: Short Summer '41 game last weekend.  (Read 5705 times)

Doc Barber

• Captain
    • View Profile
Short Summer '41 game last weekend.
« on: September 20, 2013, 07:18:46 PM »
My turn in the Barrel (the Axis) last weekend.  Bad dice for Japan, okay to better rolls for China.  Eastern front wasn't going so hot either.  Amphibed an Italian tank into a West Egypt  attack for a total of 3 tanks to his 2.  Odds slightly in my favor for the attack as a whole.  Both of my tanks coming in by land missed on 3's, both of his hit on 2's.  Amphib tank missed, surprise- his didn't.  Barely got past popping his fort, I retreated with one infantry left out of about 7.  Air attack on his fleet- 5/7 of my fighters hit air to air, 4/5 of his hit.  His naval AA took out 2/3 of my bombers.  At that point I figgered Il Duce got strung up a helluva lot earlier than historical, the Germans went, "hmmm.....", gave it some thought, came to their senses, and followed the Italian example.  Looking forward to a convention one of these days for a change of scenerey- a complete stranger whuppin' my ass for a change.
"I have a cunning plan m'lord"

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Short Summer '41 game last weekend.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 07:36:31 AM »
Wow - sounds like a serious string of bad luck. . .I'm planning at being at a couple cons next year and I know John is planning on a couple too.

we'll figure out which ones and post on the site

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Short Summer '41 game last weekend.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 06:05:15 AM »
I'll be there ...