Author Topic: 1941 Start  (Read 3910 times)

Fred1756

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
1941 Start
« on: August 13, 2013, 10:05:16 AM »
 A few 1941 start questions:
1- What are the correct starting production numbers for each country  in the 1941 start?
2- When a country or convoy route suffers strategic damage am I correct in believing such damage is permanent for the rest of the game and can't be reversed?
3- Do Britain's convoys start in 1941 with no damage?
4- Must the Soviet Union still fulfill the production requirements for additional Lt Armor and IL15/IL16's before being able to build the Medium armor and Migs or do the additional starting units of 1941 fulfill that requirement?

Thanks.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: 1941 Start
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 03:00:48 PM »
Hi - wow - I was just about ready to post that latest update to the rules, but your questions below are prompting me to go back and clarify a few things - so very timely. . .

1) Starting production is: US: 10PP, Britain: 42PP, Commonwealth: 20PP, Soviet Union: 70PP, Germany: 90PP, Italy 18PP, and Axis Minors: 12PP.  I think these should all be printed on the country charts.

2) Economic damage is only temporary for the turn.  When you count up production the following turn, you count up everything undamaged.  i.e. if the Germans do 20 points of economic damage in a given turn, the British will have 20pp less to build with on the next build phase, but on the next count production phase they would count themselves up to their full 42PP (or whatever they own at time of counting).

3) Yes - everything starts with no damage (until it gets damaged on the combat phase).

4) The Soviets start with all the early war light tanks and early war fighters built, so they can start the 1941 game building medium armor and migs.

Mark

Wolf

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 03:15:56 PM »
 :)

What Mark said.

Quick Question Mark.

Since the Collect Income is in the Initial Phase, right after builds, I have been taking Economic Damage from strategic Warfare out of Cash on Hand, which is what is spent on the following turn.

If German submarines do 10pts of Economic Damage to England in Summer 1940, the English feel the pinch on the Build Units phase of Autumn 1940, instead of Winter 1940.  Does that seem about right?

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 11:55:11 AM »
That is correct :)