Author Topic: Leaders  (Read 3986 times)

Fred1756

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Leaders
« on: August 04, 2013, 07:22:32 AM »
Am I correct in believing that a general can only start with as many front line units as his strategic leadership number allows (but no more than 6), but that a pile of units with no general would start with 6 ? It seems to reward lack of a general or am I missing something?

Wolf

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Leaders
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 06:42:03 AM »
The minimum is always 6 units starting in the Front Line (even with NO leader).

IF you have the better Leader (Initiative + Strategic Leadership) you get 7.

After the first round of combat, you are only limited by how many you can call up from reserves, and your casualties.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 12:56:59 AM »
Correct - initial front line is 6 units for everyone (for land battles) - whether there is a leader there or not.  The side with the better leader (adding initiative + strategic rating - the top and the middle numbers on the leader counters) gets a bonus +1 extra front line unit.

Following rounds additional front line units are added out of reserve by rolling on the reinforcement table on the battleboard referencing the  column with the leader's strategic rating.

After the first round, there is no limit to the number of front line units that may be in the battle.  It is only governed by casualties and reinforcements.  For example, if one side starts with 6 units, takes 2 casualties, and then gets 3 reinforcements, he will have 7 front line units for the second round of combat.

Hope this helps.
Mark

Fred1756

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 05:01:41 AM »
Thanks for the replies. This makes sense. I misinterpreted the second sentence of the third paragraph on page #4, which states "It determines the number of initial front line units a leader may command.....". Thanks again.