Author Topic: clarification on mech phase attacks  (Read 6195 times)

Fuji

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
clarification on mech phase attacks
« on: August 27, 2012, 08:57:24 AM »
Hi guys! DocBarber and I are in a dissagreement! ;-P   Hehe.  Well here is the situation I just got Turkey winter of 42'.  But I had a significant force on russian boarder in the mountians.  I blitzed in to a open plain with panzers and med tanks.  Now the rule says that if you are attacking during mech phase you can't attack into or out of mountains/forests.  I am attacking Baku which is on a plain.  Doc says that the tanks started in the mountains so they may not Attack on mech phase.  I think that I am on a plain and that I am attacking into a plain so I am free to do so.  What is the spirit of the rules?  Two VP's are on the line   and it is Spring 43'  so we are on hold till one of us can be dissapionted !!  LOL

Thanks for the Weeks /Months of  FUN!

Fuji

m7574

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: clarification on mech phase attacks
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 09:07:26 AM »
If they begin their turn in the mountains they must first move out of the mountains.  In the initial tactical phase, move into the "plains"  THEN attack Baku in the mech phase.  So the armor may begin in the mountains but be on open terrain before they begin the mech phase.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 11:20:19 AM »
That is correct!

Fuji

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 12:14:22 PM »
Nice!   Is that an "Official " ruling?

Thank again,
Fuji

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 12:31:42 PM »
yes - they can mech attack if they are mech attacking from plains to plains.  Tell Doc I am sorry. .  .

Doc Barber

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »
I had ALWAYS interpreted as meaning if you started your turn in mountains/forests you couldn't mech attack that turn at all.  So NEXT time.....
"I have a cunning plan m'lord"