Author Topic: Thoughts on Axis grand strategy  (Read 19508 times)

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Axis grand strategy
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 11:54:12 AM »
  But, the Allies have the long run advantage - but they have a much more challenging time coordinating their efforts - and if they are not on the same page, they'll get beat.

This is very true - I completely agree that the Allies have the advantage in the long run but need to be patient...

I have seen too many early offensives fail and result in a waste of resources - Pin pricks really do not bother the Germans - but the sledge hammers do! 8)

John

smckenzie

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 04:07:56 PM »
I left much of Indonesia and New Guinea unoccupied for a long time.  It took me quite a while before I took malaysia.  Actually, it was quite a while before I took the one space with a Dutch infantry unit in it, and quite a while before I took Hong Kong.  I did not leave chinese spaces open.  We recalled the rule.

I took Australia, All of China, All of India, and got as far as Persia.

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 03:27:16 AM »
Couldn't the British navy retreat / move away from German fighter range along the coast? 

Remember the attacker, then the defender get the option to retreat after every combat round.

sounds like a scary game for the Allies nonetheless - keep me posted as things get rolling for your group!

cheers,
Mark

by the rules only the aircraft have the option to retreat not the combat/naval units unless the attacker retreats