Author Topic: Crossfire- The best tactical miniature WWII game.  (Read 5804 times)

Doc Barber

• Captain
    • View Profile
Crossfire- The best tactical miniature WWII game.
« on: November 08, 2011, 04:52:26 PM »
Just as my humble opinion is that WWII SEA is the best strategic WWII game, Crossfire is the best tactical miniature WWII game I have played.   Use the power of google and it will take you there.  The short version- no measuring tapes or rulers.  At usual 1/72 scale/20mm figures- weapon range is line of sight, and movement is terrain feature to terrain feature.  It is a game that concentrates on tactics, rather than volumes of rules.  I hit upon the idea of putting the top over the Struggle game, and using a Crossfire game to determine whether an Airborne bridge assault works rather than just rolling the one die in Struggle.  We havn't tried it yet, we're still working on getting minis and terrain.  I will keep everyone posted if we ever do.  If you get a chance to check Crossfire out, or if you're lucky enough to have also played it, please post some feedback here.
"I have a cunning plan m'lord"

Godleader

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Crossfire- The best tactical miniature WWII game.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 04:15:36 AM »
Is not the same style of game Crossfire is tactical and the Struggle a grand strategy game
compare is not possible.   :o

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 05:23:52 PM »
Im not familiar with crossfire - is it a miniatures terrain game?

Doc Barber

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 05:17:32 PM »
Yep, it's a minis terrain game.  I've played "Flames of (blank)", and several others, but in over 25 years this is still my favorite.
"I have a cunning plan m'lord"

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 07:13:28 AM »
Ok - sure - I had played Flames  once - it was fun but a very different type of game...