Author Topic: Hey Mark  (Read 9222 times)

solomongrundy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Hey Mark
« on: December 19, 2005, 06:40:40 PM »
Chad here...Marty told me you have a game ready for us.  Ok, we should be able to buy it from you sometime shortly iin the New Year.  We'll contact you about that promptly.  Man, can't wait to see that map again!

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Mark
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 12:13:46 PM »
Hello Chad,
    You'll be in for a treat. We had maps done on a high gloss material that looks much better than the one we had at Gencon.

John

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 02:02:24 PM »
Hey Chad,

Are you guys going to be coming down to Ohio for Origins in June?

Uncle Joe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 04:38:47 AM »
Can't wait for ORIGINS - already got my hotel booked. . .

Are you planning on running the 41 game or the whole war from Sept 39 on  one or two days?  Let me know what days your planning on running the 39 game so I can plan the rest of my schedule.  ;D

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 06:02:22 AM »
I would love to play the 1939 game all three days if people are up for it.

Inveigler

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 02:39:16 AM »
Unfortuantely we aren't going to Origins and Chad isn't going to Gencon this year - overrulled by the boss.  I'm going to be at Gencon in August - hope to see you there!

Marty

RandR

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 06:50:25 AM »
I don't know how much storage space you guys have for this program, but you may need to look at releasing some of the older stuff for some topics.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 12:49:05 PM »
OK - Bob, I will try and clean the old stuff up a bit

kriegspieler7

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 03:58:36 PM »
Hey Mark and John!

While at GenConIndy, Larry Harris was there with the Beta version of the Anniversary Edition of Axis and Alliescoming out in October.  Italy is a big player now with their own italian tanks!  The US has Hellcats and there are Cruisers for various nations, too.  The map is bigger, though not as big as tS4EnA, of course.

He stopped by to look at the tS4E game I was trying to GM.  I told him it was a cross between Axis and Allies and World in Flames using elements of each.  He responded by saying he's still waiting for his check. 

Hmmm--

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 03:26:19 AM »
The anniversary edition game looks like a pretty cool map. 

I really enjoy playing more conflict simulation-type games though than basic wargames set in a WW2 setting (which I think Axis and Allies is).  There is certainly nothing wrong with A&A (I have played it for years) and it appeals to a huge population of gamers - but I prefer to play and make games that are a little more complex and try to capture a little bit more of the flavor of a consim type game.  WiF, Third Reich, and the Europa series are wargames that I really enjoy.  I just like to play that style of game with miniatures rather than cardboard chits.

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 06:18:15 AM »
Right after the Detroit group got done kicking but in 2007 at Origins, we went home to start approx. 5 months of playtesting on the new A&A game.

Having dealt with Larry intimately for a while now, I do understand that he does have a bit of chip on his shoulder concerning infringement on his original idea.

Guess what, most would/do. 

But I also know that he isn't totally insane such that he will be on your doorstep looking for a pound of flesh.

I know from dealing with both games that there are similarities and that there are also ideas that come from other games.

I would say that he has a much greater case against the other advanced game out there, The War Game:

http://www.thewargame.com/

Craig

kriegspieler7

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 06:29:58 AM »
Mark and John, just to let you know, Larry was smiling when he spoke about the check. 

He and you guys, of course, are entitled to make a living, and you do bring a lot of enjoyment to a lot of wargamers.  Though, if anyone expected to make a lot of money doing this, well, in my opinion, they must live in "another dimension of  of time and space: The Twilight Zone."

Paul E. Speer . . .
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 08:38:32 AM by kriegspieler7 »