Author Topic: August game in Franconia  (Read 44229 times)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
August game in Franconia
« on: September 05, 2011, 10:25:27 PM »
Hello all :-)

we finally had a chance to do a 4 player game of the europe map.
Our progress was very slow(everyone had to understand the new rules first) so we only made 6 rounds. (Winter 1940) now.

I hope we have a faster progress when we play next time.

I made a lot of pictures , but i'm not at home now.

Germany launched an attack on Norway from the beginning and  conqurered Norway completely in winter 39
The soviets tried to win the finish war.. but they did a bad job.. Finnland did not lose any troops and killed a lot of soviets.
Bad luck :) Now they can't attack any longer because finnland is now Axis

Germany(Myself) lost more troops in Poland than i hoped but the france campaign was a very easy job. Only small casualties. Britain did not send any troops for help.
Battle over Britain was a disaster for the RAF.  Britain missed to build fitghers for defense. Even a invasion to england was planned, but time is running out for that. Germany and Italy decided to ignore greece and yugoslavia for a massive attack on the soviet union.

britains plan was to move many troops to france africa and to invade undefended italy on the next turn (emtpy territories). But then vichy was triggered and the british navy was attacked and had to retreat.. 3 inf and 2 tanks had to surrender infrance africa, or they would trigger war with vichy..and vichy has aLOT ships.

The only success yet the allies have .. they attacked the italian convoy , and alot axis troops in north africa are out of supply.

It looks like soviet union is planning to do some traps for germany. Building panzer divisions in the south with blitz commander while building many bunkers around moscow. I hope stukas will be a good answer  ;D

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: August game in Franconia
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 03:43:16 AM »
Sounds like a pretty interesting start to a game - I am looking forward to the pictures when yo get home! 

Not invading Greece and Yugoslavia will give the Brits some additional sympathetic production points from those two countries - but perhaps it will  e worth it in order to concentrate on Moscow.

How is the U-boat war going - or is it something you have not decided to invest in?

Make sure the Soviet player knows he can only build 1 fort per turn before he is at war - per the Soviet country production card.

Are the rules and game working out ok for everyone - or have you run into any problems or rules that you do not agree with?

thanks!
Mark

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 05:35:36 AM »
Hello Mark :-) We will play again tomorrow !

The Uboat war is going fine at the moment. 1 Ace got killed but Germany has 6 Uboats at the moment , while 2 others are completed end of turn 6
Soviet player knows he can only built 1 per turn , and so he did :) But still a nice defense line.

A rule i don't agree at the moment.
-----------------------------------------------
We made a house rule , that ships can be repaired only in fortified harbors. It need to be in supply to a homeland.. but for example , germany can also repair their ships in france harbors and so on.
Newly built ships can be placed in homeland harbors aswell. Makes sense to me.
------------------------------------------------
A second rule i would love to see is that historically , finnland , romania and bulgaria  switched sides once liberated, and fought against the germans. We don't have this :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 06:46:36 AM by Darkman »

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 08:22:12 AM »
Some pictures :)

With the begin of Spring 1940 Turn

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 08:23:04 AM »
More from Spring 1940 (Phase I)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 08:25:34 AM »
The actors :) Allies , Soviet Union, Italy.. i forgot myself :-)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 08:27:10 AM »
Beginning Summer 1940

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 08:27:39 AM »
More Summer 1940

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 08:28:39 AM »
Beginning Autumn 1940

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 08:29:14 AM »
Forgot to make pictures of Beginning Winter 1940.. will do it before we start tomorrow :)

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 03:22:56 AM »
I hope the Soviet player doesn't get too excited.  If he jumps for joy, he will knock himself out on that low ceiling! :o :o :o

That map is soooooo sexy!!!

We are playing a '39 scenario in the base game and it just isn't as glorious as this map is.  It still is better than most other games though. ;D

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 03:58:20 AM »
Wow - great pics!  Looks like an interesting game so far. . .
Will you get some German support for those poor Italians in the Med?  Interesting to see the Brits  build a few factories - that may help in the long run.

Too bad you guys did not have this game a year ago when I was living in Prague - I could have slipped over the border for a weekend of gaming!

I hope you enjoy it - let us know how the next round goes!

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 05:42:44 AM »
Too bad you guys did not have this game a year ago when I was living in Prague - I could have slipped over the border for a weekend of gaming!

Are you finally back in the States now?  I just thought that you were still "commuting" to the USA to get your gaming fix?

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 04:36:15 PM »
He's not back yet for good... Maybe for Christmas. Great pics!! Taking out Norway fast is smart - good set up for Barbarossa. Russians are tough!!!

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 12:28:55 AM »
Yeah, I moved from Prague to China!  But am looking forward to being hope in December - TWO games John - you hear me? 

With respect to the Franconia game - I like that Soviet fort line in front of Moscow and Leningrad - am looking forward to the showdown pics on the Russian front!

Darkman - you guys probably are already doings this, but we usually let the Italian player take over all Western front operations once the Russian front gets kicked off, as the Eastern Front is a full time job for one axis player.  When we play, we usually have one Axis player taking care of the Med and Western front playing against the Allied player, while another Axis player is playing head to head with the Soviet player - may help things go a little faster.

Looking forward to the next update!

Mark