Author Topic: Build airbases for buddies?  (Read 7030 times)

Doc Barber

• Captain
    • View Profile
Build airbases for buddies?
« on: August 20, 2011, 07:34:19 PM »
Can German/Italian, British/American build airbases for their allies?  Specifically- can the Germans Build an airbase on Italian territory in Africa?
"I have a cunning plan m'lord"

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Build airbases for buddies?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 01:46:52 PM »
Yes

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 06:55:23 AM »
Players may build airbases to increase air unit capacities in these spaces. During the production phase, a player may spend 5 production points to construct an airbase at any territory they own at the beginning of the turn.

Wouldn't the above statement mean that only the owner of the specific territory can build an airbase there? 

Which would then mean that you can't build an airbase in an allies territory- only in your own territory. 

Which also begs the question concerning fortifications.  I would think that you could fort a guy in a territory owned by an ally, but I am now not sure.  We have played that you can.  I would tend to think of the building of fortifications as less ownership specific, but now I am unsure.

Seem to remember Germans forting in Italian territories through out the Med.  Maybe that was wrong.  Nothing in the rules specifically prohibiting it.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 04:53:19 PM »
We let forts and airbases be built by Allies or Axis or Russians - those are the only distinctions. ... Of course - you can do as your group decides is best. Certainly forts can be built anywhere....

Doc Barber

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 04:28:08 PM »
We let forts and airbases be built by Allies or Axis or Russians - those are the only distinctions. ... Of course - you can do as your group decides is best. Certainly forts can be built anywhere....

So if Italians build a fort and surrender, and the Germans have troops in the area, does the  Italian fort go away?
"I have a cunning plan m'lord"

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 01:39:07 AM »
Remember that the fort is originally an infantry unit of that specific power. 

Which is different than an airbase.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 08:04:46 AM »
Yes - Italian fort goes away. Air bases never go away - they can be captured and used by the enemy