Author Topic: My first Playtest  (Read 8973 times)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
My first Playtest
« on: June 06, 2011, 08:05:55 AM »
Well i did also a playtest , learning the thousand rules... thanks to John for answering me so many question.. more will come!  ;D

Here is just a teasing pic of eastern front "summer 1942" .. as i can say.. germany is now at 121 pp income.. and soviets on 77 pp income.. and they are really doomed at the moment.

Victory counter is on 35.
Stalin will sue for peace if the allies won't launch an attack on france for sure.

Defending Moscow leads to an open south and the germany army marched through.. while placing some troops into the south to defend the oil fields.. moscow and the northern frontline collapsed totally.. german paratroopers were deadly aswell :D

More pictures will come next day

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 08:09:21 AM by Darkman »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: My first Playtest
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 11:14:45 AM »
The Russian units in Leningrad and neighboring areas are not out of supply. Remember - the rule is to be able to trace to any 2 friendly factories - including the ones that the units are on. So Leningrad and just one neighboring factory will keep units in supply - even if the whole area is surrounded

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 06:01:52 PM »
awrrgh :P true you are right! thanks

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 02:54:53 PM »
Hi Darkman - thanks for sharing your first game!  Sounds like things are trending toward the Axis.  How are things going with the Allies in the West?  I think the game is a more challenging learning curve for the Allies that the Axis - it will be interesting to see how your games evolve as you play a few more.

If you have any observations or suggestions in terms of rules and units - please post and let us know,
thanks,
Mark

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 02:21:02 AM »
Yeah will do. Having a trip now for 3 weeks in england and france.. Omaha Beach i come !  Will post more pictures after holidays :-)

I have some rules and suggesstions to discuss.

Even so i hope there will be some updated charts for europe :-) To fix the mistakes we all found.

By the way.. the english Leader Gott isn't used?  Was that planned or forgotten ?

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 04:16:52 PM »
Hi  - updates done - ftp site ready? - Gott was intentionally left out...

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 11:24:20 AM »
Hey guys. I'm back from Holidays

a quick Feedback.. Axis Victory in Summer 1943. Germany captured Leningrad and still has Stalingrad ans Moscow under control.  The Allies failed to land in italy.. frontline collapsed and all reserve armor units couldn't retreat :)

The allies didn't make any major mistakes.
Only Soviet Union failed totally in defending the german forces. Maybe too much factories were built in pre war

35 VP while only 34 were needed.

Cheers

I plan to have a large playertest in august.  Will make sure to make better pictures next time. Maybe i will post some of the last round of this game soon. (end of the week)

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 09:43:07 AM »
Very cool - It is important to be VERY defensive with the Russians initially...!!!

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 02:08:36 AM »
I think the early games tend to go Axis.  Getting the hang of the Allies takes longer in my opinion.  I believe the Axis have won more of our games that they have lost - but I think usually our more experienced players tend to play the Axis more.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 01:56:43 AM »
Be careful about peicemealing soviet armor a little at a time - AT guns are critical - as well as artillery and forts at the beginning...

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 10:47:22 PM »
Yeah can't wait for next match.. 7th August we will do a 4-5 player game

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 06:12:37 PM »
Take pictures!

It looks like we are going to have a game the weekend of August 13th too - we will make sure to post our game summary as well :)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 05:57:12 AM »
Yeah i will do  :-)  By the way

Did you make any new player sheet with a quick reference sheet? (All little information that can be forgotten.. like minor alliances, rail limits, special events . and so on)

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 02:28:34 AM »
Yes - I have a guide sheet for turn order - I dont' have all the little info - what do you suggest I include:

Rail limits, Barbaross Rule, Fall of France Rule, 1st Russian winter rule, Italy war entry, Norway (Iron Ore and Finnish trigger) what else do you suggest? Pacific impact on UK/Commonwealth (-8PP for UK, Commonwealth income -12, redeploy cruiser and transport)