Author Topic: My two cents...  (Read 4689 times)

Doc Barber

• Captain
    • View Profile
My two cents...
« on: November 18, 2010, 07:35:01 PM »
Why is it, "My two cents", and "A penny for your thoughts?"  Hmmm...  Anyways, I love the game.  It's fairly realistic, in that with fairly matched players in a mano y mano game the Axis is usually screwed.  When there are multiple Allied players I think the Axis has more of a chance.  So one of the ideas we've been playtesting is 4 extra points on the 1 production line for Germany and Japan, and 2 extra production points for Italy when they declare war.  Subtract one of these options for every extra allied player.  Hard to say how this has played out so far, because my Axis opponent has been having an unbelievable amount of luck until recently.  About to start my Autumn '42 turn, and his damaged German cruiser is still wreacking havoc from Russia to South Africa, and has even managed to put Africa out of supply!  I think a good basic test for fairness of variant/house rules is if everyone agrees to them, then determine countries at random.
"I have a cunning plan m'lord"

brain damaged

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: My two cents...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 12:51:49 PM »
If I gave you my two cents and a penny for your thoughts, you'd be three cents richer, but I'm a day late and a dollar short.

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: My two cents...
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 03:54:16 AM »
Doc
It will be more even if you use some of the rules i have come up with:
1. no front line support, no support piece fire. 2. All production centers can only produce units equal to their number in the square. 3. Aircraft can attack amphip invasions on the first round of combat. 4. Mech units can move on the combat phase and then attack on the mech phase. 5. increase the build level of individual units for 5pp(no land units).  6. Fast Production can only be done once a turn.  7. enemy production centers can be used for production, however only half rounded down and after waiting the number of turns as the number in the production center. 8. I use the naval and ground aircraft posted in the forum. 9. Focused and shotgun AA fire (focused AA fire, 1 die at each aircraft, if a hit, that aircraft is eliminated; shotgun, 3 die for each AA gun, any hits, attacker chooses the losses). 10. focused and shotgun ship AA fire (I allow the attacker to decide whether to attack individual ships or fire in the naval round, if aircraft attack individual ships, the defender may screen with up to 2 other ships AA fire and the defender chooses which aircraft are hit but the aircraft hits are applied before the naval battle; if the aircraft attack in the naval round, the defender rolls one die for each aircraft in battle order [fighters/bombers attack with destroyers, naval fighters attack with cruisers] and then any hits are chosen by the attacker. 11. increase Japan home islands to 3/6/2 raising their production to 18. 12. Italy - change Rome to a 1 and raise Istria to a 3. 13. If playing with tension levels - allow Italy to attack first turn and raise Japan to 3/9/3 (26pp), remember all Japanese units are frozen on the Russian border. 14. Change Shanghai to a 2 production center, if playing with using enemy production centers.

thanks
kenb
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 04:05:54 AM by qxxx »