Author Topic: Double decker gaming table- build it, they will come  (Read 6895 times)

Doc Barber

• Captain
    • View Profile
Double decker gaming table- build it, they will come
« on: November 12, 2010, 06:59:48 PM »
It sucks when you have to either put the game away, or not use the table for something else- but I stumbled across an alternative.  After doing some bathroom remodeling I had an almost full sheet of 1/2" plywood, and a bunch of scrap 2"x2" a little over a foot long.  I screwed 4 of the 2" along the long edge of the plywood, and one along the short edge.  Skootch in the pieces on the West coast a little bit, write down what you have on your production charts, put a piece of 2"x2" in some unoccupied territory in the middle of the map as abrace , and you're all set until the hostilities can resume at a more convenient time.  This works especially well if you have a Catzilla/Feline Assassin of Joy like I do. more pics coming soon!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:32:21 PM by Doc Barber »
"I have a cunning plan m'lord"

qxxx

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: Double decker gaming table- build it, they will come
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 02:25:39 AM »
doc

you need to download my spreadsheets, they will keep all the game data.

we continued the game from Area 51 at YuleCon this weekend and the spread sheets were great, only downside is the time it takes to set back up (have more than 2 people setting up)

thanks
kenb

brain damaged

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 03:18:57 AM »
It sucks when you have to either put the game away, or not use the table for something else- but I stumbled across an alternative.  After doing some bathroom remodeling I had an almost full sheet of 1/2" plywood, and a bunch of scrap 2"x2" a little over a foot long.  I screwed 4 of the 2" along the long edge of the plywood, and one along the short edge.  Skootch in the pieces on the West coast a little bit, write down what you have on your production charts, put a piece of 2"x2" in some unoccupied territory in the middle of the map as abrace , and you're all set until the hostilities can resume at a more convenient time.  This works especially well if you have a Catzilla/Feline Assassin of Joy like I do.

I would love to see some pictures.

Doc Barber

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 06:33:50 PM »
It sucks when you have to either put the game away, or not use the table for something else- but I stumbled across an alternative.  After doing some bathroom remodeling I had an almost full sheet of 1/2" plywood, and a bunch of scrap 2"x2" a little over a foot long.  I screwed 4 of the 2" along the long edge of the plywood, and one along the short edge.  Skootch in the pieces on the West coast a little bit, write down what you have on your production charts, put a piece of 2"x2" in some unoccupied territory in the middle of the map as abrace , and you're all set until the hostilities can resume at a more convenient time.  This works especially well if you have a Catzilla/Feline Assassin of Joy like I do.

I would love to see some pictures.
I was thinking about that- and as soon as I beg, borrow, steal, or buy a digi cam, and master that there tekkyknowledgeable skill I'll put the pics up.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 06:58:04 AM »
Finally! - an alternative to locking the cat away!!!

Doc Barber

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 07:47:56 PM »
Finally posted a picture (thanks to my buddy's 10 year old) I'll work on putting more up.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 04:30:04 PM »
Kids...  aren't they great!