Author Topic: August game in Franconia  (Read 44234 times)

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
Re: August game in Franconia
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2011, 12:25:21 AM »
one question came up this match

once a territory is conquered.. how far can a airplane retreat  that was attacked in this territory on a air base attack? range ? or 2x range?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2011, 02:05:22 PM »
Hi Darkman - only its range.  If it can't make it anywhere on its printed range it is eliminated. 

I know the rules are not the best organized, but I think it is in the rules under retreating (Ground combat) like around page 20:

Air units can retreat a maximum of their movement range.  If there are no friendly territories or aircraft carriers of the same nationality for them to land in that range, they are eliminated instead.

Your game looks very interesting - sorry it is taking you guys so long to play through it!  Hope you are all still enjoying it!

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2011, 06:51:56 PM »
Its my mistake that it takes so long  :'( i should have sticked the counters and pieces together.. maybe i will do it sooner or later

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2011, 04:54:26 AM »
Another question.

If a australian infantry is occupying alexandria i guess the pp goes to the commonwealth? What happens after 1942? Does canada get the PP? :)

And what happens to the indian convoy route in europe only scenario after 1942. Is it no longer attackable?

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2011, 04:20:31 PM »
PP goes to flagged nation on territory if it is occupied by a friendly nation - so UK get it.

Indian convoy is no longer attackable in Spring 42

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2011, 08:36:36 PM »
We continue the battle on 3th january.  :-)   Another rule question. "no attacking or defending Unit can have their Combat value reduced below 1 due to Terrain and supply" is their any Way at all that a Unit has a 0 Combat value ?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 10:27:48 PM by Darkman »

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2011, 02:41:07 PM »
We just played two games over 3 days!  The first game ended early with an Allied victory.  The Axis just took too many losses taking out France and The Italians lost North Africa and almost all of their fleet by the end of 1940.  Given the direction the game was headed, the Axis threw in the towel at the end of 1940 and sued for peace.

The second game was epic.  We had to end it after the Summer of 1944 turn without a definitive winner, but probably the Axis would have held enough VPs by the Winter of 1944 to win the game.  The Allies were on the continent in Normandy as well as Sicily and the Russians had taken Minsk and had just broken through the German lines on the Dnepr and liberated Kiev. But, the Italians were still in the game and the Germans still had very powerful armies in Russia and France.  I think even though the Allies were beginning to drive the Axis back, we were not doing it fast enough to stay ahead of the victory point level.  But it was VERY close - so much so we called it a draw since we could not play it to the final conclusion.

I hope you guys have a blast on January 3rd!  Please give us an update with pics when you can!
cheers,
Mark

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2011, 05:19:52 PM »
Correct - no unit can go  below 1.

It was an epic great game! I actually can't wait to play again!

Have a great war on the 3rd!

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2012, 02:51:06 AM »
Summer 1942

Western Theatre

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2012, 02:52:01 AM »
Summer 1942

Eastern Theatre

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2012, 01:38:04 PM »
Wow great shots - I like the axis fleet off the coast of France - threatening the invasion fleet!