Author Topic: JohnCon 2010 II - The Rematch -  (Read 24007 times)

brain damaged

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: JohnCon 2010 II - The Rematch -
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 12:20:20 PM »
Thank God you are still alive, when you hadn't posted in a while, I was worried that you might not have taken your last defeat well.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 01:43:42 AM »
Spring 1940 - France has fallen due to the double blows by the German reinforced Italians and a strong attack through the Ardennes.

In North Africa, Wavell continues to advance and builds up forces in Tobruk.

The British are reinforcing Egypt from the UK as well as from Australia and India.  German U-boats attmept to intercept the convoys as they make there way around Africa. . .

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 02:59:52 AM »
Summer and Autumn turns - struggle in the Western Desert between Wavell and Rommel.  The Germans occupy France and sweep through the Balkans

brain damaged

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 05:37:24 AM »
Everything up until this point looks favorable for the Axis. Where did it all go wrong?

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 02:47:18 AM »
Still looks good to me?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!! ???

Other than the forward move in NA by the WA, the Axis seem to be in a good position.

There had to be a very large gaffe to screw this up!!!!!!!! ::)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:50:16 AM by Yoper »

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2010, 01:07:05 AM »
Is the game already buyable ?:P

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 05:13:55 AM »
Darkman - we are pretty much at the buyable stage I think.

Discussing whether to sell everything on a disk for like $20 (to help cover all the development) or to sell it with counters, battleboards, country charts and everything printed - except the map - for more.  Printing the map is the largest cost - so we were thinking of just distributing it on a disk.  Debating which route to go - your thoughts?

Mark

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 05:14:46 AM »
Oh - and I was the ALLIES and I lost the game - so it looks like everyone's comments on this game are about right. . .

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 05:02:32 AM »
A disk would be a fine option for me, but i would have to think about who in the world prints me such a large map in very good material like you provided for the normal game 

;D

Another thing , we have now seen so many pictures about Europe.
Is the pacific map also completed?
At the moment my favor goes for naval battles ^^
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 05:04:18 AM by Darkman »

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 05:29:24 AM »
John has printed the Europe map a couple times for the folks doing the playtesting.  I think he had Kinkos print it out in two 3' x 4' sheets (the map is 6'x4').  I'm sure Kinko's is not the cheapest option, but a 3' wide large format color printer is pretty common.  So, maybe on the disk, we'll put the map in two files (a West half and a East half in order to make it easier to hand over to a printer and have it printed).

A cheaper (but more labor intensive) option that John used on the first playtest map was to print it out on a bunch of 8.5x11" sheets and glue them to posterboard.  It does not look as nice, but it was cheaper and we went that route initially because we did not know how many changes we were going to have to make.

Mark

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 05:34:17 AM »
You can see a few pics of the Pacific map at this link:
http://www.ww2wargame.com/forum/index.php?topic=274.0

But it has not been playtested as much as Europe, so it is a bit behind in development.

While we have played the two theaters together in a Worldwide game a couple times - the reality ends up being that they are played independently in reality - the only nations that have any real cross over from one theater to another in a global game is the Commonwealth (India/Australia) and to a lesser extend Britain.

Darkman

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 04:07:08 AM »
I'm up to everything on disc now :-)

coachofmany

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 04:35:59 PM »
Darkman - we are pretty much at the buyable stage I think.

Discussing whether to sell everything on a disk for like $20 (to help cover all the development) or to sell it with counters, battleboards, country charts and everything printed - except the map - for more.  Printing the map is the largest cost - so we were thinking of just distributing it on a disk.  Debating which route to go - your thoughts?

Mark

I would buy one on disk.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2010, 08:13:27 PM »
OK, guys - I will start a different thread on buying the advanced game once I connect with John.  The counter-sheets, country charts and battleboards will need to get cleaned up little bit - but we will shoot to start making things available in the next few months.  Even if some of the rules may need a bit of tweaking - the map, counters, battleboards are all in good shape - so it would be great to get it in the hands of a few more folks and incorporate any other good ideas.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 08:17:16 PM by Mark »

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2010, 08:15:55 PM »
Back to the play by play though of the July game - here are the next couple turns.  I built up my British Army in Egypt very nicely - and John launched an early Spring Barbarossa against Russia.