Author Topic: Turkey  (Read 8139 times)

smckenzie

• Major
    • View Profile
Turkey
« on: June 24, 2010, 05:07:58 PM »
If the Soviet Union fails to meet its garrsion requirement for Turkey is this a "Trigger", and so late enough in the game no die roll is made, or will die rolls be made for this even after triggers are no longer applicable?

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Turkey
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 09:28:10 AM »
No  - once triggers are done - that is it - no chance...

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 01:15:30 PM »
Interesting. 

We just had this happen in the game we are playing right now and we interpreted this to be outside of the normal set of trigger rolls. 

It's not listed on the sheet of trigger rolls that has the Spring '43 time limit.  It's buried in the Soviet section concerning garrisons and has no time limit associated with it.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 06:53:57 AM »
Understood - the intent of the rule is that no more Axis minor allies will join after that time frame :)

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 05:04:07 AM »
You and your set time frames! :P ;D

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 09:08:21 AM »
If Russia has not fallen by 43 - the world sees the writing on the wall...

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 01:50:35 AM »
Unfortunately, the Soviets are going to fall here in the next turn or two and it is the middle of 1944.  Eric is wrapping around the Urals and will end up hitting the Chinese soon.

We are ignoring the scoring system and playing out to see if I can still get something done with the Western Allies even though Germans are marching deep into Siberia.  My debacle in Cairo back in 1941 (territory lost and large UK fleet trapped in the Med) has allowed to game to push out farther than the norm but the Eastern Front is finally collapsing while I am just getting into France and still trying to finish off Axis control of the North Africa.  Cairo is still being held by a large Italians contingent while I have just now brought together enough forces to surround it.

Couple that with a heavy hit at Pearl Harbor and the total evacuation of the Pacific by the US, and most of the naval jockeying has been in the Indian Ocean.

Eric maintained a large force in the Caucasus to get the Turkey roll but it took four turns for it to happen.  Those units could have been better used else where had we know that the trigger was no longer applicable.  His units did keep me from taking back Tbilisi, but he wasn't using them to take Baku either.  The Turks were a more worth adversary than my Soviets in this case! 

« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:54:01 AM by Yoper »

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 12:08:13 PM »
Sounds like things got out of control - it makes for interesting conversation... So are you going to finish?

You available for travel anytime soon?

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 03:14:34 AM »
Yes, this last session brought the full weight of the Soviet collapse to light.  The Japanese joined the carnage and the Soviets are down to the two production centers in the middle of Siberia.  That and an OOS Baku.  The Siberia pocket should disappear next time.

Cairo still is holding on since Italy was able to put the western half of the Allied force out of supply before an attack on Egypt.  I did hit for one round to try do a retreat through to the south, but traded four infantry and seven armor for seven armor class units from the Axis.  Next round will probably finally do it, but I am so far behind on getting that done that all other areas have deteriorated. 

I didn't drop into France this last turn since it is just ten units that keep getting crushed by the massing Wehrmacht.  Shifted some back to outside Gibraltar for a bit of flexibility.  Will give it one more whack this week and probably call it a game.

As for travel, I need to lay low for awhile on gaming trips.  Got to build up my reserves with the wife before going on the offensive again.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 01:18:45 PM »
Roger that!