Author Topic: Johncon 2010  (Read 14862 times)

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Johncon 2010
« on: June 19, 2010, 02:24:40 AM »
Alright - We're having one of our weekend marathons for the advanced game. Most of the experenced players feel as though the Axis have the advantage. I feel strongly that the Allies have the advantage but they need to be played more patiently. I am playing on team Allied with British Mike and Brian (DeathMachine). We are taking on Mark (the administrator of this site) and Gen Joe (who normally eats grass). We shall see... 8)

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Johncon 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 06:05:57 AM »
I was going to ask when another game was on the horizon.

You should look into have a web cam on during a game like this.  I know that I would check in on the action!

Heck, it would allow me to heckle Mark from a far.  Because we all know how that guy plays! :o :P ;D

I hope that all is well and you guys enjoy your carnage.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 09:59:44 AM »
Well - why don't you just come over? 8)

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 04:13:25 AM »
Well - why don't you just come over? 8)

To heckle or to play? :D

You know I would love to.  Maybe if I get certain amount of dice towers built and stock up the "gaming" bank account with funds, I could put together a Fall weekend trip. 8)

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 09:34:10 AM »
Both - heckle then play...

British_Mike

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 02:15:16 PM »
I really hate to have to do this, but I gotta say that the combo of John, Brian and myself is unbeatable. In fact, if we do NOT win this game, then it is proof-positive that the game is impossible to win as the Allies.

I obviously can't go into details due to the requirements of operational security, but I will say that the strategic formulation, the campaign planning, and the the operational research that the Allied team have undertaken would truly terrify the Axis if they had been present to witness any of it. It is almost a mercy that such a shroud of secrecy has surrounded the details of this effort.

Helmuth von Moltke once said that "no plan survives contact with the enemy," and this saying has come to be accepted as one of the most widely-respected maxims of strategic thought.

Well, he wouldn't have said that if he could see OUR plan!!!

Bring it on, Axis!!

Cheers

British Mike

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 03:15:52 AM »
yeah yeah - just so you know, when Joe, James and I defeat you, it will not be because the game is weighted toward the Axis, it will be because the three of you were out-witted, out-maneuvered and out-played by us. . .

DeathMachine

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 09:43:13 AM »
...I am playing on team Allied with British Mike and Brian (DeathMachine)...

John this is a piss poor name for our team. We agreed on this name:

[attachment deleted by admin]

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 11:25:58 AM »
Bri - I'm really jealous of your slacks (pictured on the right). Out of everyone, Mike really looks like he belongs... 8)

British_Mike

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 02:41:59 PM »
I can't believe that with my head on Churchill's body, I look like i have LOST weight!

Arghghgh.

brain damaged

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 06:58:41 PM »
Alright - We're having one of our weekend marathons for the advanced game. Most of the experenced players feel as though the Axis have the advantage. I feel strongly that the Allies have the advantage but they need to be played more patiently. I am playing on team Allied with British Mike and Brian (DeathMachine). We are taking on Mark (the administrator of this site) and Gen Joe (who normally eats grass). We shall see... 8)

Take plenty of pictures please.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 11:57:33 PM »
Mike's picture makes him not look all too happy to be part of "team Worcester". . . Mike, if you are that unhappy about being paired up with these two upstarts, you are more than welcome to join the winning team before it is too late. . .

British_Mike

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 07:21:47 AM »
Even if I did want to do that ... which I DON'T - I'm afraid I know too much. There's no flipping sides in this one. Too many highly classified branch and sequel operations that would be compromised.

We set up the board last night. It looks mighty fine, especially with John's new factory pieces!!

Cheers

Mike

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 05:22:48 PM »
I'll put $20 on the Worcester blokes!   ;D

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 11:57:46 PM »
You are ON!  . . .Why is there so little faith in me? ? ?