Author Topic: Game Review.  (Read 7505 times)

brain damaged

• Major
    • View Profile
Game Review.
« on: May 07, 2010, 05:37:20 PM »
Okay, I just got my game today and all I have had time to do was glance at the components.
At first glance I am extremely satisfied. The map was everything I expected and more. It is beautiful. All of the references and markers are of a high quality. I decided to buy all the metal minis and it will be some time before I get them ready for play so I can't give a review of an actual game for a while, but I am sure that I am going to love it. I'll add to my review as I read through the rules and play some games. I feel like a kid on Christmas Day right now.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Game Review.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 01:35:20 PM »
Great to hear!

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 10:44:22 PM »
Hi BD - interested in your first impression of the map - I have seen some of the stuff posted on A&Aorg forum and think there are a lot of poorly designed advanced maps floating around. . .

Also - you may want to pick up a couple pices of plexiglass or something to lay over your map so the metal pieces do not scratch it up - at least that is what we do. . .

brain damaged

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 05:55:39 PM »
My first impression of the map was WOW! The only thing that I would like different would be to have it mounted maybe on (4) 2' x 3' gameboards. Have you looked into how much it would cost to have it mounted? Or are you even interested? I would like to carry the game around in a gamebox.

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 10:33:55 PM »
As far as the map goes - getting it printed is definately the most expensive component of the game - we looked for a less expensive alternative to try and keep it somewhat affordable - have not looked into costs of getting it mounted.  If you know of any sources / contacts, please let us know - always looking for a way to get the map costs down.

cheers

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 01:21:58 AM »
My first impression of the map was WOW! The only thing that I would like different would be to have it mounted maybe on (4) 2' x 3' gameboards. Have you looked into how much it would cost to have it mounted? Or are you even interested? I would like to carry the game around in a gamebox.

If you go look at the game AARs from our Detroit group, you will see that I cut the map into four sections and placed them into poster frames.   It allows us to play the game over multiple sessions and Dan can move the game upstairs to his spare bedroom between Friday nights.