Author Topic: Added a photo to Board Game Geek <dot> com  (Read 6479 times)

thenorthman

• Captain
    • View Profile
Added a photo to Board Game Geek <dot> com
« on: February 22, 2010, 06:04:13 PM »
Hey,

I just added a photo to www.boardgamegeek.com of the original map resized to fit my table.  When I get a game set up I will keep adding photos as they go down.  Of course it is approaching midterms so might not be able to right away.

People should keep posting stuff to it so it looks like a "live" game which we all know it is but some out there might not know it.

Sean

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Added a photo to Board Game Geek <dot> com
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 03:35:59 AM »
Wow!  Nice table and all, but you hacked off two full feet from the game board! :o :o :o

I guess you can do with out the US coast.  As long as you know what is what, you can get away with some things.

You could try to squeeze them into the bottom corner areas of the map like some kind of off-board, inset maps.

thenorthman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 09:51:03 PM »
Wow!  Nice table and all, but you hacked off two full feet from the game board! :o :o :o

I guess you can do with out the US coast.  As long as you know what is what, you can get away with some things.

You could try to squeeze them into the bottom corner areas of the map like some kind of off-board, inset maps.

No the map itself is two feet shorter by being shrunk down, and 6 inches wider at 41".

So it is the original map but just fitting 6 feet by 41 inches.  All the same as a regular map but to fit my table.

The US is still there you just can see it over the lip. Might take another photo here to show a better view of it and the table.  Plus if I get it set up.

Of course though we are listing our house because we are looking at going to West Virginia after I graduate.  Which means I might have to "pack up" my table until I move.  Plus the job I am looking at requires like 10 months training which means I wont be home to "play".

Sean
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 09:55:40 PM by thenorthman »

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 04:43:27 AM »
Okay, I get it.

But it must have been a costly deal to get the map redone like that.

thenorthman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 06:04:39 AM »
Okay, I get it.

But it must have been a costly deal to get the map redone like that.

$109 for the reprint.

brain damaged

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 10:39:50 AM »
How did they get the image did they scan your existing map or do you have a copy on disk?