Author Topic: Italian Surrender  (Read 6586 times)

smckenzie

• Major
    • View Profile
Italian Surrender
« on: November 30, 2009, 03:08:24 PM »
Please define Africa for the purpose of Italian Surrender?

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Re: Italian Surrender
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 10:19:56 PM »
All the territories between Morocco and Egypt inclusive (including the Sinai) and between Egypt and South Africa inclusive + Madagascar.

smckenzie

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 10:15:49 AM »
Thanks.

Actually, Sinai was the issue here.  The It transport has survived a number of naval combats, and so It can get the chance to avoid a DR for surrender by invading Sinai(unoccupied).  Between what's left of their fleet, a paratrooper or two etc, in all likelihood they could grab another spot, but we wanted to make sure if Sinai counted.

smckenzie

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 04:31:01 PM »
What happens to Sea zones a country controls when it surrenders?

Italy just surrendered, but had a cruiser in the eastern med when it did.

What I want to do is move transports strategically through the eastern Med now.  The axis trapped a bunch of transports in the Red sea, the It fleet trying to be useful before surrender and the damaged yamato.

I still cannot move into the indian ocean because despite yamato being destroyed by air power, there is still a japanese control marker.

What happends to the IT control marker in the eastern med when Italy surrenders?

Rules say you need to control, but is there sucha thing as a neutral sea zone?

I am playing right now and assume that the sea zone must be flipped frst before the transports can strat move....IE it mus be flipped at the start of the turn.  I have surfce ships and so I know I can stac move.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 09:52:14 AM »
When the Italy surrenders, remove everything Italian - including all control markers. They are neutral zones that you can freely move through strategically.

smckenzie

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 05:08:59 PM »
Thanks.

That's not how I played it.

US/CW just blew their attack on Rabaul, which would have been game ending.  In consideration of this I'll allow the Allows to go a turn extra.