Author Topic: Draft Rules  (Read 17670 times)

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
Draft Rules
« on: June 23, 2009, 11:53:25 PM »
Please find attached a very rough draft of the rules - they still need a lot of refinement and editing - but i wanted to post to allow others to look through them, provide edits, questions, suggestion and clarifications. 

Some may not make sense without the player aid charts - so please let me know where there are gaps.

thanks,
Mark
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 03:03:05 PM by Mark »

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Draft Rules
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 01:39:39 AM »
I am currently reading through the rule set and I see some areas that aren't that clear.

Hopefully, it will become clear to me as I get farther along.

Plus, there are the normal Mark redundancies from time to time.  Less than in the basic rule set, but still there. ;)

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 01:28:31 AM »
Rules updated as of February 7th 2010 - thanks for everyone's feedback!  Still very much in draft form and still need work to make them easier to understand - but getting there.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 10:55:02 PM by Mark »

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 10:42:38 PM »
Whoops - thanks for catching - that is why it is still a draft  ;)

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 10:54:32 PM »
OK - Updated Advanced Rules attached!

Thanks to John, Yoper, Joe, Mike and Sean for inputs and edits!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 01:49:07 AM by Mark »

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 03:06:32 AM »
Seems much clearer in many of the areas that I had questioned.

Also, the continuing AARs help in clarifying how things are actually implemented.  I will continue to watch the action with great interest.

And I will continue to ask questions on things that still confuse me.

1) In the section concerning Initiative, I see where it is discussed that a Leader doesn't have to move when a chit is pulled that he could be activated on.  It says that the Leader can move later.

What I would like clarified is whether the Leader can just decide to move at any point later, regardless of what chit is draw, or does he still have to have the later chit draw satisfy his initiative number?

My issue here is the idea of it being a risky move not to activate the leader now, since he may be stymied for a while if another chit that works for him doesn't come up right away.  Thus leading to him being attacked before he gets to choose where to go.

Which leads to another area which troubled me until I reread the latest version of the rules- counterattacks.  I didn't truly get why they were placed into the order of battles the way they were.  Now I get the reasoning behind it and the ability to choose not to be pinned by a flanking attack.  You give up your defensive values, but you gain the ability to use the forces the way you want to. 

A very innovative idea.  It forces both sides to think in different ways.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 05:33:51 AM »
OK - leaders and initiative, simply put: You can activate (move) a leader (and some or all of the units in the same territory/sea zone) on any chit draw equal to or less than his initiative rating. Any units activated with a leader must move into the same territory with the leader. Nothing forces you to move and in many instances you may want to wait to see where the enemy moves before you move. On the other hand - leaderless units can only move on the "0" chit draw. If they don't move at that time - they will not for the rest of the combat phase. Hope that is a bit clearer ;D

Yoper

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 05:42:15 AM »
OK - leaders and initiative, simply put: You can activate (move) a leader (and some or all of the units in the same territory/sea zone) on any chit draw equal to or less than his initiative rating. Any units activated with a leader must move into the same territory with the leader. Nothing forces you to move and in many instances you may want to wait to see where the enemy moves before you move. On the other hand - leaderless units can only move on the "0" chit draw. If they don't move at that time - they will not for the rest of the combat phase. Hope that is a bit clearer ;D

So if a leader has a "1" initiative and the "1" chit is drawn as the first one out of the cup, but the player decides to not move that leader. 

That player would have to wait until the "0" chit is pulled to move the above mentioned leader, right?  And that might not happen until all the other chits are pulled?

Is that part of the decision making process that one must deal with as part of the game?

It is a very interesting system, if that is the case.  Makes for some tough choices.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 06:00:48 AM »
Correct and yes. We sometimes find ourselves waiting for the other side to pull a specific chit... 8)

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 12:25:20 AM »
Have been away over the long Easter Weekend -

I think John has answered the alternating movement / chit draw questions - but it is perhaps the most different aspect of the game for people to wrap their heads around.  We debated keeping it or going back to the standard "you move / I move" turn sequence - but in the end, as people got used to it - the chit system adds so much color and uncertainty to the game we all think it is the best way to go.

So, to answer your question again to make sure it is clear:  If you are a "1" initiative leader, you can activate and move only on the "1" chit or on the "0" chit draw.  They may come earlier in the turn or later - but they are the only chits that enable you to activate - so you have fewer options as to when you move.

If you are a "4" initiative leader, you can activate on a 0,1,2,3, or 4 chit - so you have the option to move on any chit when it is drawn.

The counter-offensive is to prevent armies from being "pinned" by only 1-2 units attacking them - preventing them from moving.  One can declare a counter-offenisve, blow away a small pinning force and still be able to move and attack.  It happens rarely in the games we have played - players know if they want to pin an army, they have to commit a big enough force to actually pin it. . .

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 01:54:25 AM »
Advanced Struggle for Europe Rules attached

[attachment deleted by admin]

Godleader

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 06:35:27 AM »
What is the difference for a normal general and a general whit (blitz)?
I have read all the rules i dont find this answer. Thanks

Godleader

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 06:43:53 AM »
I find the anwser i read 3 the rules and find.

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 07:11:49 AM »
A blitz general can move and accompany units during the mech phase.

Godleader

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 06:11:30 AM »
My Oil rules. every boats, planes and mech units need 1 oil for attack move for one turn. Out of supply no oil of curse. Every nation divide is productions points par two.
The romania and russia oil derrick=plus points of oil production for one turn. The oil derrick on the map is simillar of the industrial complex on the map for upgrade a mini oil derrick of the nation specific is place on the territory for a +2 oisl points for a turn. For the Romanian is a execption the germany historic control the Ploiești oil derrick= germany is able for upgrade the romanian oil field. The Caucasus oil field is russia only for upgrade. The rules is simple but effective and fun.
For more simplicity i use the Attack games Oil money, and track the oil money on the production point income. More a nation cannot stock more that 100 oil point.
For the mechanized movement no more oil point is use. Just for the first part is needed to pay oil point.