Author Topic: questions on neutral supply  (Read 4176 times)

sleipner

• Captain
    • View Profile
questions on neutral supply
« on: April 10, 2009, 11:54:36 AM »
Hi, a couple of questions:

Regarding supply and neutral major powers.
     In the rules, it states that Italy and Japan can trace supply through western allied waters and vice versa. But how does it work with Germany and Russia while Russia is neutral? Since nothing is written (I think) about it, are the Finns out of supply if Germany doesn´t control the sea zones in the baltic?   
     Can an active power trace supply through a (same side) neutral power´s sea zones? We have understood that you can´t. Our example is when Italy stays neutral, can the German Vichy areas get supply through neutral waters? It gets weird if the enemies England and Germany gets supply through the same zones. If allowed, wouldn´t it be a reason to let England DoW Italy?

Another thing: we can´t find anything in the rules regarding the blue line in the baltic. So we have allowed the russian to move out of it and take control of the northern baltic sea zone. Is this correct?

thanx again for a wonderful game

Daniel 
You´ll never walk alone

John D.

• General
    • View Profile
Re: questions on neutral supply
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 02:04:01 AM »
Hello - Everyone can trace supply through neutral waters. Consider the blue line in the Baltic under the same rules as the Nazi Soviet Pact.

Let me know if there is anything else. :)

sleipner

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 03:43:43 AM »
thanx!

Something else I forgot to ask, is it possible to move naval units through the Sakhalin straight if you don´t control the land areas? And shouldn´t this strait be possible to move land units across (since there are arrows printed)?

Daniel
You´ll never walk alone

Mark

• Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 09:39:45 AM »
I don't have the map in front of me - but i believe the answer should be yes to both.

The blue line in the Baltic I believe is just the sea zone adjacent to Leningrad by the way - so the Soviet Cruiser realy needs to stay there until at war.